Hard drive question

arock1_3

[H]ard|Gawd
I got this hdd from my pc that got infected and I'm trying to save some of the data in it (is a Samsung and was installed in a HP Pavillion). I installed it in another pc and when I tried to access the drive it ask me if I want to fomatte this drive and if I go to properties it shows 0 bytes. Is it possible that the hdd is blocked and is not allowing me access the data in it or is it just bad.

I got this hdd from my pc that got infected and I'm trying to save some of the data in it (is a Samsung and was installed in a HP Pavillion). I installed it in another pc and when I tried to access the drive it ask me if I want to fomatte this drive and if I go to properties it shows 0 bytes. Is it possible that the hdd is blocked and is not allowing me access the data in it or is it just bad.

What model Samsung is it? What are the specs of the system you have it in now?

The series is SV800 80gb mft. 01/2003
The specs in the machine it a PII with 300 some mb of ram, which in my opinion should not be an issue because the main hdd in that pc is a newer Samsung hdd but who it might be the case. Now the pc recognized the hdd but it cannot be access.

Well I decided to open it up and destroy since I have not been able to access the data and I can't even format the damn thing so is history.:(

Back