Hard drive opinions

joey791

n00b
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
49
On my current machine I currently have a 75G hard drive and I have 60G free I also have a 250G external drive that is barely used.

I'm building a new rig and I got a Raptor 75G at Best Buy when they cleared them out pretty cheap. I'm wondering if I should buy a 150G raptor and install both(not raid) or do you think just the 75G should be fine or should I jump to a 150 and save the 75?

Just wondering, any pics are anything that I will have will probably be installed on the 250G external drive
 
I run a Raptor74 and a 7k2 250GB harddrive for storage.

I uprooted the user directories and put them on the storage drive so the only time the system drive will change is if I install something, patch something, and of course the page file.

It works great, I currently have Vista, Office 2007, Supreme Commander (8GB), BF2142 (2GB), and Steam with DoD:S and CS:S (5.5GB). All totaled 30.35GiB (44% of the drives 69.25GiB capacity). Still plenty of room for other games or large applications, runs quick as hell, loving it. Just make sure you keep all your data on the bigger, slower drive.

Just a personal opinion, a single fast system drive + larger storage drive is the best bang for buck setup for HDDs.
 
You use 15 Gigs. You don't need a 150Gb drive over a 74Gb drive. Either will do the job nicely and one is cheaper. Back it up to your external drive occasionally and keep it somewhere safe.
 
Back
Top