• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

hard drive/ motherboard issue

kiz

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
78
i have an old Asus P4S533 mobo and i was using a 60gb Western Digital. I have received an 80gb western digital special edition and i can't get it to work with the 60gb for the life of me. I've tried all jumper settings etc. and I'm wondering if maybe my motherboard doesn't support over 100gb? Both ahrd drives show up in the bios but when i go to My Computer, the hard drive is nowhere to be found. I tried the add hardware thingy and it says the device is working properly. Anyone have any ideas?
 
you need to format it to use it in windows

if your using xp ..right click on my computer and click on manage then when the computer management comes up click on disk management.. select the unformatted drive and format it.. and away you go
 
JUST THE NEW ONE..unless you want to wipe out the OS and all of your programs and start over
 
let us know if it works.. otherwise its something else... look back at my first response I edited it with the instructions
 
for future reference remember these

Start > Run > (Type)

diskmgmt.msc
compmgmt.msc
perfmon.msc
mmc
 
Back
Top