• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hard-drive Help

Muggie89

n00b
Joined
Aug 10, 2010
Messages
2
I have an old HP Pavilion (1997?) that I haven't used in about a year or two. I wanted to move some of my files from the hdd to a flash and ultimately my new computer. When I turned it on, everything powered up but it refused to boot up; my monitor went straight to power saver mode.

I figured the hdd was corrupted in some way or perhaps the motherboard was. I removed the hdd and tried to attach it to another computer as a slave drive. This computer also ran Windows XP so I didn't think it would have too many problems. The drive showed up under my computer, but it wouldn't let me access it without asking me to first format it. I don't want it to wipe the data.

Please help.
 
I'm not sure what a partition is or how to check to see it.
I'm a complete hardware idiot.
 
Maybe the drive was demagnetized?

Go to control panel/administrative tools/disk management, and there you'll see if a partition is recognised.

You might want try a recovery utility.
 
Back
Top