Hard Drive Gaming Performance

GwarGor

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
188
I'm about to get a new drive and want to know what the best drive would be for gaming. I want to get a 250g or 320g drive and want to know what the best SATA 3.0Gb/s(7200rpm) one is. I've read about this, but want to hear all opinions from this forum. I want to get a 320g drive, but would go for a 250g if the performance was a lot better. I've been using WD drives for 17 years and have only had 1 go bad out of 100s, so I'm leaning that way, but I want the best performing drive for this build. Thanks for any and all responses.
 
I got a Seagate Barracuda 320gb 7200.10 with the new perpendicular recording. It was $84.99 shipped at newegg last week. This drive (or different capacity Barracuda) should be in your top 2-3 for sure.

Or this one: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
 
Thanks for the info Stupac, needed a hard drive for my new system. I've heard nothing but reviews about the performance about the 320GB 7200.10.
 
The best drives for gaming aren't going to be the 250+gb drives so it's sort of a trade off. A raptor would be the best possible solution for gaming but the 7200.10 series works great for storing data and is still good at gaming.
 
The Hitachi T7K500s are top of the line right now for 7200rpm performance on the desktop. Take a look at the StorageReview website for more details.
 
Back
Top