Hard Drive for iBook?

cupidr17

Limp Gawd
Hello all,

The hard drive on my sisters 12" iBook G4 went dead. Can anyone reccomend something for under 80$? I really dont know what to look for..please help.

hmm, not too sure, id have to wait untill i got home..i know it was purchased just over a year and a half ago and it wasnt too long untill the macbook came out. Does it matter?

Well you can in general get any drive you want, just that it would to know so I can link you to the repiar manual on ifixit.com, since they all look a bit different inside

You want a 2.5" Laptop IDE hard drive. Be sure you research what you're going to do first. Replacing the hard drive in a iBook is not fun.

CEpeep said:
You want a 2.5" Laptop IDE hard drive. Be sure you research what you're going to do first. Replacing the hard drive in a iBook is not fun.

yes i have had that lovely experience meself... and i have pretty big hands...

Just finished up replacing mine last night. Not fun at all. Had to drill out some screw heads because they were so tight.

FYI, if you have a toshiba hd in the iBook and its under three years old, Toshiba has a OEM warrenty and will replace it. They did to mine :D

Back