• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

hard drive dilemma, SRT caching?

Gabe3

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
May 23, 2006
Messages
3,920
I'm planning to build a new system soon for BF3 plus other games coming. with hard drive prices now high I'm thinking to either reuse my two 4 year old western digital blue 160gb 7200rpm drives in raid0 and get a 64gb SSD to use as SRT for the raid0. or, get a 128gb ssd for $100 more and use that for OS and frequently used games, and use the raid0 for the rest. I'm leaning to getting the 128gb ssd cause that option gives me the most storage overall but I do like saving $100 and having more fast storage with SRT.

or if theres a third option you recommend let me know.
 
Buy a new hard drive as well as a small SSD and use SRT.

yeah that would only cost $25 more than getting a 128gb ssd and reusing my drives. a WD black caviar 500gb is $125+100 for 64gb ssd.
 
Back
Top