Hard drive Crash

KingTKS

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
148
Ok i have been having a very complexed issue for the past few weeks and its been driving me insane and i've narrowed it down quite a bit. I had a hard drive and it kept crashing constantly with errors
0x00000077
0x0000007A
0x0000004A
and i researched online and it said my hard drive had a bad sector and needed to be replaced. so i RMA'd it and then after i recieved my new one i started having the exact same problem within a week. I don't know if it was luck or I'm breaking the hard drive. But i know its a bad sector on my hard drive becasue once i transfer files over to the new hard drive it always crashes at the same point when writing on it.
do I just RMA the new one?
what could be causing this?
 
Two drives with the exact same problem at the exact same point is almost unheard of. I'd say you have a motherboard or cable problem. Tthere's also a chance you have a flaky PSU. Try a different brand hard drive just to make sure if you have the same problem then you know it wasn't the HD.
 
So what do i try first a new motherboard? can i get the same board? it worked for a few months before it started doing this. its the AM2 Asus MicroATX. or do i get a new power supply?

anyone else have an opinion?
 
KingTKS said:
So what do i try first a new motherboard? can i get the same board? it worked for a few months before it started doing this. its the AM2 Asus MicroATX. or do i get a new power supply?

anyone else have an opinion?
I'd say it's most likely a motherboard problem, so go with that one. If you have a spare PSU laying around that's rated high enough then slap it in there and test it out.
 
Back
Top