hard drive cooling!?

o0akoni0o

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
1,301
what do you guys do to keep your hard drives cool? reason is, i have wd 120gb ide drive running roughly around 35*C. but my wd 2500k 16mb sata drive is running 50*C and more at times!!! would connecting it to a molex connector opposed to the sata power connector do any difference? oh and these hd's are in a qpack with the sata drive being closer to the side of the case.
 
well, I have two fans in my qpack...one 120mm for the watercooling and on 92mm on the side opposite the HD. This works fine and the HD is a-ok.
 
are there better places to mount a hard drive other than the stock location?
 
You could place a hard drive in the floppy bay if you want to seperate the drives. I did that with mine, I have my WD 120gb in the drive cage and my Raptor in the floppy bay....the raptor stays nice and cool while the other one is by it selfs
 
Back
Top