Hard drive checker

ennogs

n00b
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
11
I am having trouble getting Vista installed on a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. The hard drive is a Fujistu MHZ2160BH G2 sata or ata drive.

I first went to the Fujitisu website only to get a message "Fujitsu Limited has transferred its hard disk drive (HDD) business to Toshiba". So I went to the Toshiba website only to be told hard drive diagnostics tools are only available to PC manufacturers?

I have also looked on the Dell website but can only find an EXE diagnostics program.

Can anybody recommend me a boot CD/DVD that will allow me to check the hard drive is working ok and has no errors and will also let me do a low level or full format?
 
Ultimate Boot CD. Has HDD diagnostics for every hard drive vendor built into it. Awesome tool and it's free. Download the iso and make a boot cd.
 
I've heard the Maxtor and IBM/Hitachi HDD diagnostic software might work with all manufacturers. May be worth a try. See this thread for more info.
 
Back
Top