• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hard disk noise

viv5

n00b
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
30
My New Laptop's HD display light blinks even after Windows is completely loaded (no activity on my side) and it also produces a very slight noise like "kaarrrrr... kaarrrr....khiiiiiiiiichk.......karrrrrr" when the light is on.


Though the sound is not audible when I am playing songs or when the ceiling fan is on, but as soon as I turn off both the things I hear a very slight noise.


I am not sure if all hard disks make these sorts of noises.


Now is this normal or should I contact the manufacturer in this regard?

Please suggest.
 
The constant activity might be due to the File Indexing Service (a useless waste of resources). You can safely disable it.

As for the noise, all HDDs make noise, some more than others. If you're worried, run the HDD manufacturer's drive diagnostic tool on it.
 
Back
Top