Happy with your SLI Rig?

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
I just gotta say I'm as happy as a pig in shit with my SLI rig. The thing rocks. This is probably the best PC I've never had.

Anyone with issues, complaints and etc post them here and lets try to work through them.

My XFX SLI 4600+(sold out of 4800+. Damn!) system is slower than expected. For EXAMPLE(Read that again) it ONLY scores 107xx on 3Dmark05. With the new dual core betas only 117xx.

That being siad it fun fun fun playing games on it. Sure an SLI rig isn't needed, but it is nice to have one. Right now I am only playing at 12*9/10 until my 204T comes in (old, but good).

Yep playing half-life 2 and fable on 1920x1200 at max settings rocks...I never thought the visuals would be that great at that resolution even...
The unfortunate thing is now I want to upgrade to an uber system...you know the overclocked fx-57 phase cooled and 2 2405 flat panel...
May be for xmas.

My clock settings do not get applied corectly when I restart windows. They get stuck on the 2D settings. i have to reset the clock speed in rivatuner to get it set properly. And sometimes eveb after that is sets itself back again.

im satisfied with my SLI setup 2 7800gt of the BFG brand....the OC is terrible though, i wish u could over clock each core seperately, and then use a nice return policy till you have matching cards. and i have 1 dead DVI port on my primary video card, no dual 20" cinema displays for me...

Yeah, seems like under SLI these cards will not overclock...must have something to do with the sli controller? Although one would think that they should at least overclock to the lowest overclock settings of one of the two cards...
Oh well, I am happy though...

Same here. Very happy with my setup. But can't OC at all. No big deal really. While it would have been nice especially considering I play at 1920x1200 if possible which actually taxes the cards heavily, I still get excellent performance.

My system if filled with Duality.
Dual core X2
Dual 7800GTX GPU's
Dual 1GB sticks of RAM
Dual Hard drives in raid 0
Dual LCD's

So far.. not happy with my FX57 rig in SLI. Ive had a lot of problems. Ive now toasted (one with an EXCELLENT lightshow) two PSU's. :( And I dont seem to be getting that much more framerates in any of the games.

recently i acquired a SLI of BFG 7800GTX, but single i have that and one motherboard.

i need 800usd to finish, but my clients do not want to pay the services... damn!

PD: somebody interests website to him in 320usd? hehehe

Happy as a kid on Christmas morning :D

My x2 4400+ didn't quite give me the game play I was looking for so I switched to an FX-57. And at 3400mhz all I can say is WOW! Far cry in 1600x1200 4xAA MS 8xAF looks amazing. FPS rarely goes below 55-60 outdoors. Indoors is 120-150fps...

My videocards overclocked for 2 days in sli and now nothing. I can't get coolbits to pass @461mhz :mad: What can you do. I ain't going to rma a working card.

I still have a FX5700 =/, But I am currently building a system. I have the mobo,case,HD's,Ram,CPU, And 400 bucks, Im going to save till I can afford two 7800's

Glad you are so happy with yours... I know I <3 mine also. :) FYI - I already have a thread going in the Nvidia forum for SLI help and tips... It finally got sticked and the comment was when doing so is that there was hope people would use that thread to catalog plus help diagnose SLI trouble, tips, and all of that. It's good to keep historical data in one place! :)

Back