Happy Birthday Portal Build- Input please

Solitude

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey everyone. I would love any input.

So I asked my daughter what she wanted for her birthday and she replied "A gaming PC to play Ark."

She is five years old and will be turning six next month.

Her favorite games are Portal 2 and Minecraft, but she really wants to play Ark.

Here is the neat little build I came up with. I have a handful of RAM, and she already has keyboard/mouse and a monitor.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/gooch3008/saved/vwG6hM

I really like the case and I just know she will think its right out of Portal. The top of the case has a neat little window to see the white video card shroud. I have an idea to put blue/orange led strips on either side of the window. I think she would get a kick out of it.

All I want for her PC is playable framerate at decent settings in Ark. Having played it myself, I know how finicky it can be. When I started out the build it had an Intel motherboard with an i5-7500 and cost a tad more. (Thus the AMD cpu)

What do you all think?

Honestly you could go with the G4560 kaby lake pentium processor bundled with the proper mobo. It performs on par with a i3 6100, out performs the 7850k by quite a bit and costs like $65. Unfortunately they are OOS a lot of places right now so I'm not sure if time is a factor.

Back