Happy 4th Birthday to World Community Grid!

nomad8u

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2008
World Community Grid is four years old and to commemorate four years of outstanding work, we're dedicating this video to all of you who donated your computer's idle time, and to the families and friends that will benefit from all your contributions! Watch it here!

Happy Birthday Grid!

Once again I thank you for some very inspiring information about the WCG program brother nomad8u. :D

After watching the wonderful video that you were kind enough to link in your post. After seeing the many unselfish, ordinary people, like you and me. Hearing their "unmitigated straight talk" with no BS about being "computer gurus" or super intelligent experts concerning computers or DC'ing. I really felt proud to be a member on a team with members that unselfishly share infomation concerning DC'ing, are always ready to help a beginner. A team that has so many very experienced DC'ers (plus oodles of "old timers"), Oh, did I mention a team ([H]orde team 33) that's also the number #1 team in F@H and making inroads with WCG. (in other words we're gonna' whip some butt in the WCG program also) ;)

I don't particularly care what some people my imply, like some secret government spy shite, because it just sounds paranoid to me. I buy my own equipment and I pay my own electric bill so if I want to spend what little money I have on DC'ing and computers that's completely my business. It just seems like a kind of absolute "no brainer" if your machines are already burning electricity not to use your spare cycles to try and help the medical community find some cures for some fu*cked up diseases. (super secret goverment project, talk about paranoid :rolleyes:)

I have never been "talked down to" or questioned about my abilility to operate a computer above the basics of off/on using the WCG client. (like beta bullcrap, SMP bullcrap, shitey client bullcrap and WU bullcrap, the overall fu*ck the donor bullcrap, the servers on weekends bullcrap, etc) It seems to me with all the rapid advances in the computer field and IT that you would have to be a complete moron not to keep your "eye on the ball" and try to inspire your donors instead of denigrate them.

Of course this is only my lowly opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt :cool:. Once again I thank brother noma8u, he's always been a help with WCG and is, without a doubt, the "hands down" expert on WCG. :p

Oh yeah duhh..., Happy Birthday WCG :D

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. ATM I have two WC'ed Q6600's doing the F@H GPU2 client on core #3 and the WCG clients on cores #0,#1, and #2. Not being a gammer, I have been lucky enough not to have any problems with either machine (I've read where the games sometimes "lag" with the GPU2 client running :(). I surf the Net, I email posts (like this one), I listen to music and watch videos on several newspaper URLs. I have never had any video lagging, sound distortion or any other derogatory effects with either F@H GPU2 or WCG. I might add I have never had any problem with WCG, in fact, sometimes I forget it's even running in the background. The only reason I know the F@H GPU2 client is running is I keep a close eye on my GPU core temps :)

Folding and WCGing for the CURE

Happy Birthday WCG!

birthdayfiddy.jpg

Happy Birthday! Hope everyone is doing well in the DC Forum. Go WCG :)

Back