Happiness is...

Neilyos

n00b
Happiness is...
248867354_822825ef75_o.jpg

Hey, you got the DG965WH board... They're using that in the intel retail edge bundle. Let me know how it performs/overclocks. :)

I'm on the hunt for that board (i'm in Europe so no newegg link pls)
Pleased to see you are using Corsair ram, I was worried about the voltages on this board, apparently it only works with 1.8v ram.

What corsair are you using?

Chops said:
Hey, you got the DG965WH board... They're using that in the intel retail edge bundle. Let me know how it performs/overclocks. :)

it performs fantastically, I don't plan on doing any overclocking though, even though I'm sure you could.

Sikpupi said:
I'm on the hunt for that board (i'm in Europe so no newegg link pls)
Pleased to see you are using Corsair ram, I was worried about the voltages on this board, apparently it only works with 1.8v ram.

What corsair are you using?

I'm using this RAM here.
(ZipZoomFly link, just fyi)

this RAM claims to be 1.9v, and I was horribly worried after I ordered the memory (because I ordered it early) and was waiting on my motherboard to come in stock, because I found out AFTER the fact that it supposedly only supported 1.8v DIMMs. However, it POSTed fine, but the memory auto-detected at 667MHz. So, I just changed the memory settings to manual, and upped it to 800MHz, (after applying the latest BIOS just in case), crossed my fingers and said a little prayer, and voila! Rebooted at 800MHz no problem. One of my friends who got the DP965LT and while his memory would run at 533MHz with a Celeron D, once he put in his E6600 and upped the frequency to 800MHz, the board fried. However, another friend of mine got the DG965RYCK, and his RAM (same as mine) auto detected at 800MHz. So, I don't really know if there's any rhyme or reason to it, but all I know is I'm happy to have onboard graphics and RAID and a working system :) This is a great board.

Hapiness is seeing "Core 2 E6600 @ 3.60 GHz" on your POST screen with air cooling and barely even hearing your computer running exept for the 2 RAID0'd WD740ADFD's thumping. :cool:

My definition of Hapiness seems alot different from the OP and others.
Nowhere in this thread involves talk of women.....
You freakin geeks. :D

Oh well nice Rig nonetheless. :cool:

SNIP3R said:
My definition of Hapiness seems alot different from the OP and others.
Nowhere in this thread involves talk of women.....
You freakin geeks. :D

Oh well nice Rig nonetheless. :cool:

HAHA.. that's great.

Nice rig. I'm going to be building one like that soon. I'll probably use the E6300 though...

Back