Happauge HDPVR

Bones117

n00b
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

So has anyone had any experience with this solution in question in order to get HDTV on your HTPC.

I'm looking to build an HTPC into a coffee table I am working on and this would be great so I can actually record HD video to my computer. I would be using this along with firewire to control the channel changing on my Scientific Atlanta 4250HD cable box.

The only thing I can't seem to find out is when will it be recognized in Vistas MCE. If anyone knows this would be great, I'm a huge fan of the new MCE and would rather not have to switch to something else before then.

Also the biggest downfall is the price at $250. But it seems to be the only thing I can find to do this kind of thing. Does anyone know of any other, cheaper, solutions?

hdhomerun is the best clear qam tuner, also it is supported in Vista MCE

The HD Homerun isn't able to receive premium channels though. So as far as I know, the only other solution to this is a CableCard enabled computer. Am I right?

They've said several times now that VMC support will come later in the summer; MS needs to update VMC to support recording in H264 before Hauppauge can do anything and that isn't going to happen until MS releases Fiji.

Mine will be here next week according to UPS. There's a huge thread on this at AVS forums. Some people have received their's already and reporting issues with the device. :mad:

Thanks for the link, the issues seem pretty bad. I just hope they find a reliable fix for these problems soon. I was gonna order one at the end of the week when I get payed, but after reading this I have a feeling I am going to hold off for a while.

Back