HansG 28" any good?

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
There's a guy on this forum who just bought that 28" Hanns-G. I don't remember his name, but he really liked it. Do a quick search for the Hanns-G and you'll find his review.

I bought the Hann-G 28" at BestBuy. I like it. It has adjustable height and the base swivels. I went through several LCDs of different sizes and I'm pretty happy with this size LCD. If you have a 20" LCD or lower, it will be a big increase to this 28" well.. 27.5" to be exact. There's a 50/50 chance you may get a Hanns 28" with a stuck pixel or one without. My model did have 2 small stuck pixels. However, they are white and very small to where it's barely noticeable. The Hanns G does use a TN panel but, it's image quality is pretty good though. I had a 22" TN panel before and this 28" Hanns is better in displaying more vivid colors and sharpness is better also. I have a Gateway 24" that uses the S-PVA panel and the Hanns does well against it. I now use the Hanns 28" as my main monitor for gaming and watching movies. It may not have all the feature rich imputs as some 24" lcds but, the extra 3.5" adds a big bonus to the gaming experience. If you can afford the extra dollars get at least a 24" or this 28". I thought I would be content on a 22" LCD or even a 24" but, I wasn't. Get this monster, it will not dissapoint. Plus, at under $600 it does justify the cost real well. Most TN panels don't do well especially when looking at the 22" sizes. Surprisingly for this size screen and it being a TN panel, it does pretty good! However, as far as using this lcd for Xbox 360, 1 person said he couldn't sync the 360 to his Hanns LCD to display at a higher res through the VGA port. He could only go as high as 1360 x 768 res So.. not sure on that one.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=AA71774&CartID=done&nextloc=

Saw a guy here saying the 28" viewsonic has mega input lag... I assume the hansG uses the same TN panel?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1209320

I want to move up to a bigger res but I don't want to jump 22>24, I want bigger. I'd be all over the 30" dell if it weren't for lack of VGA (xbox 360) and that crysis would need tri SLI at minimum to run on it :rolleyes:

Yeah it is good. Just make sure that the backlight is not too bad. I just got one and it is going back next week. Otherwise it does great for PC gaming no doubt. Cod4 runs fine for me w/ a GTX.

Back