HANNS-G 28inch or Westinghouse LVM-37W3-FB-R

AnNiMosSiTY

Limp Gawd
uughhh having a hard time deciding here. I just got my HANNS-G 28inch LCD last night and its beautiful. I saw the below deal on a 37inch westinghouse and heard they look/perform the same as most LCD 19-28 inch displays. I got a really badass spot for a new desk I thought of today that would accomidate this mounted to the wall for my PC.

I got the HANNS-G from costco and I heard they have a great return policy so I can return it to get my money back. I play WoW, COD MW:2 and wil play SC2 and Diablo 3 when theyre out and I do a ton of browsing and studying for work. Should I go with the westinghouse and not look back?

Just got a new PC that will be built Monday after work

965 Quadcore w GB motherboard (frys deal)
Radeon 4890
4GB Gskil DDR3
650 Antec TrupePower PSU

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=LVM-37W3-FB-R

In the exact same boat myself. Have a relatively new 28" I-inc monitor and i'm considering that westinghouse 37" or panasonic 32". I'd sell my current I-inc to my coworker.

From everything i've read, the W3 is without a doubt the superior panel, but of course you lose some pixels, and get larger pixels as well. But the viewing angles are superior to the Hanns-G, so there are some pro's + cons. It sounds like the W3 was a very popular monitor for a reason (all the great feedback).

Personally i say you go for it :D

I had the Hanns and didn't like it. Horrible back light bleed. Worst I've ever seen
I'd try the Westinghouse

Westinghouse, no question about it. The panel looks so much better and text is still sharp despite the size. The wealth of inputs are welcome for console gamers or those with multiple PCs, and the size & quality of the display cannot be beaten for under $400 IMO. I paid $1200 for my first one and I still think it was well worth it. I use a 30" S-IPS panel and I still think the Westy looks great, price notwithstanding.

A little over a year ago, my co-worker ordered the 28" Hanns-G to use on his desk. Knowing how happy I was with my 37" Westy at home, I ordered an "SE" model when I found out Buy.com was selling them for $600 shipped. He had his Hanns-G set up for a few days prior. Within 15 minutes of seeing the Westy on my desk, he ordered one for himself and gave the Hanns-G to his dad. :)

What panel type is the Westinghouse? Is it any good for photoediting? (I.E. is it decently accurate?)

What panel type is the Westinghouse? Is it any good for photoediting? (I.E. is it decently accurate?)
I'm nearly positive it's a VA panel of some sort, no idea how many colors it can process though.

I'll say one thing, if you googled the right key words i bet you'd find the info you wanted since the monitor was so wildly popular. Either that or hopefully someone here can objectively answer your question with actual fact.

I'm poking around for a new LCD to use as a PC/360/PS3 monitor and this one has definitely caught my eye.

NewEgg has this listed as a "Deactivated Item" and a lot of the reviews are from 2007. Course that doesn't mean it isn't a good monitor.

Any thoughts or opinions on input lag with this panel?

I bit and will be getting my westy next week, woot! returning my hanns-g in the meantime. Cant wait to mount this baby on the wall.

I bit and will be getting my westy next week, woot! returning my hanns-g in the meantime. Cant wait to mount this baby on the wall.

Congrats -- you won't regret it. The viewing angles on the Hanns-G really stink IMO. The Westy will have a much better image, and the superior viewing angles will help immensely if you don't mount it at eye level.

is this geeks site trust worthy?
A lot of us have been ordering from them for many years. Everything i've read here at the forums, and experienced, leads me to believe they have good service, good enough anyways.

Back