• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Handy I-7 Insertion Tool

daubry

n00b
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
5
I found that the Silicone Suction Cup in Back of an ARM & HAMMER® Fridge Fresh® Refrigerator Air Filter Works really well in Inserting and removing My I-7 Processors.
I remove it from the Box and trim it down leaving the Wedge in Place.. You need to Lift the Wedge on the Cup in Order to release it. Once you clean of the Proccessor it holds great I've Shaken it pretty good and it Stays Attached. Dont trim off the Center raised Nipple..
That's were you hold it..
You have to be Carefull when the Proccessor is in The Socket in order not to Mash the LGA Grid. And Now I dont Have to Worry When I take out the Proccessor Out or put it In.

I tried for Years to find such a tool and could not, I hope that this pass-along works for Many.
 
Good idea except I just use my fingers which are far superior. But maybe you are an amputee.
 
Good idea except I just use my fingers which are far superior. But maybe you are an amputee.

+juan, never had problems removing CPUs(desktop or otherwise) from motherboards...
 
I don't see the prob with sticking fingers in tight places.
 
Back
Top