Nenu
[H]ardened
- Joined
- Apr 28, 2007
- Messages
- 20,314
The big difference being that my stance is based on real experience. This controller contains no technology that is not already out. That technology had thus far failed to live up to any of these expectations in other applications. Blind optimism that somehow valve is accomplishing something that no one else in the industry has been able to vs pragmatic realistic expectations. I haven't said the controller is guaranteed to be shit, I simply said I have very serious doubts and those proclaiming it as the next best thing need to realize they are likely getting their hopes unrealistically high.
It does use technology that hasnt been implemented as well before , it helps to read the article.
They are using a higher res trackpad with high quality feedback using micro versions of seat shakers to give x and y direction feedback, which are that good they can do audio as well.
The negative I have read is that its hard to know where the edge of the trackpad is.
No doubt they can use the feedback transducers to remedy this as well.
It sounds pretty damn good tbh.