Hands-On with the JooJoo

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at C|Net got a little hands on time with the JooJoo and the general consensus is that it is cool but not worth the $500 asking price.

The JooJoo Web slate is based around a 12.1-inch diagonal 720p capacitive touch screen. The specs include: 1366x768-pixel resolution, a built-in camera, mic, and speakers, one USB port, and a card slot. There's 4GB of cache memory. What's the processor? Rathakrishnan wouldn't say. He also won't say who makes the touch screen.

For $500 it is going to have to do a hell of a lot more than that.

Otherwise, looks like a cool device. With a full blown OS, hard drive, and bluetooth for keyboard/mouse connectivity, could be a real winner. Of course price...

Its pretty useless, but someone might be able to hack it and turn it in to a proper computer

Wow, Chandra Rathakrishnan sure is a looker. Not that I look any better;) You'd think he spend $6k to close that gap, I can feel the draft coming through. :)

Whaaaa......we're talking about the joojoo? um.....too much $$ for too little use. Now if someone could hack it into a giant touch screen remote, I can finally get rid of this:
remote.jpg

Wait, haven't had tablet computers for years now?

Yes we have and this device isn't much cheaper than some of the lower priced devices. I REALLY do like the tablet form factor but there are still technical issues holding them back, price and weight being two big ones.

I would like to have something like this to read web pages on my deck or in my recliner. It would have to play flash video, have an OS, and have at least some USB ports on it. If it came with that I would consider this. But for this price I will continue to lug my Asus laptop out onto my deck and pier.

Wow, Chandra Rathakrishnan sure is a looker. Not that I look any better;) You'd think he spend $6k to close that gap, I can feel the draft coming through. :)

Whaaaa......we're talking about the joojoo? um.....too much $$ for too little use. Now if someone could hack it into a giant touch screen remote, I can finally get rid of this:
remote.jpg
He reminded me of a fellow student I had at my EE career. They're both proof that humans not only descend from Cromagnon.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw Chandra's pic and the JooJoo: "it's so easy, even a caveman can do it."

I'm so going to hell :-P

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw Chandra's pic and the JooJoo: "it's so easy, even a caveman can do it."

I'm so going to hell :-P

I lol'd. You and me both.

His eyes don't fit his face - too small for the face.

Back