HALP!!!!!!!

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
Updated my system and had an assload of cryptic error messages scroll by. Now the system is borked in a multitude of ways. I can still get in but I'm not a happy camper. All I want to do now is get back to where I was before the update. This is simple in Windows but apparently not so in Ubuntu. All I can find is old info and holding down the shift key during boot does nothing.

TIA :(

The only option I saw was to install Ubuntu next to the current installation which was totally unacceptable. I ended up nuking the HD and doing a fresh install. Everything was backed up so nothing was lost but my time. This time around I went with LVM. Hopefully it will allow me to avoid adventures like this in the future.

The Shift key needs to be held down after the BIOS is done, but before Ubuntu fully loads. So as soon as you see the purple screen appear, press and hold Shift. That will allow you to get to the recovery console.

The Shift key needs to be held down after the BIOS is done, but before Ubuntu fully loads. So as soon as you see the purple screen appear, press and hold Shift. That will allow you to get to the recovery console.

Thank you sir. Added to my notes for next time.

Back