Halo PC should be illegal...

d34dly

2[H]4U
So after playing Halo for a month or so, I have decided 2 things...

1) Micro$oft consists of a bunch of lazy pricks. Could we not spend a month or so coding in some server controls? I mean seriously. Who thought it would be a good idea to have no server controls what so ever?

2) Halo PC is a breeding ground for even more immature 15 yr olds with nothing important to do.

Previously this section of the gaming world could simply be kicked or banned with the click of a button. Problem solved. No more TK's etc. Yes you would have the occasional vengeful admin, but you simply move on.

Not here though. These annoying 15 yr olds have now evolved into little MONSTERS that tear away at my sanity. TK after TK... my mind slips closer to the edge of Dimensia.

This breed of child has nothing responsible to do. I spend all day in class and studying, and I would like to spend a couple hours in my dorm playing a little Halo. But no. Instead of my stress level decreasing, I simply want to break something.

Today was the last straw. I was enjoying a wonderful game of CTF in Blood Gulch with a 12 player max... great bunch of guys all having a good time. suddenly in comes in a child with my name. MY NAME!!! WTF? Now there are two Spinal's. Now he repeatedly TK's my entire team. And now they all kill me, seeing as there is no way for them to tell the diff between him and me. Game ruined... :mad:

You know I am becoming an advocate of the ESRB rating systems, and there strict enforcement, simply to keep little jerks out of game servers. (this is not meant to exclude the old jerks too... ).

Gameplay problems aside, this is my biggest problem with Halo for PC.

Get it together Micro$oft

Unfortunately Spinal, I have a feeling many losers who engage in TKing are over 18 and simply have no honor or scruples about ruining other people's games. They simply don't care which reflects a lot of society today in other aspects.

Nothing infuriates me more than carefully plotting my way to a flag in BF1942 only have to some fucktard kill me because they think it's great fun. If they do it on accident I deal with it but the constant TKing and plane camping disgusts me. Too often the admin is either non existent or asleep at the wheel and let it go on.

I like playing Halo over a lan. I usually play 4 player lans with Halo. Hella fun like that.

Unfourtunally people of all ages try to be wise@$$e$ and try to ruin your game just for their entertainment. They don't realize that most of the guys on there are just there for fun and dont want to do anything else. People who I play with on these games are very strict about that. If someone is constantly killing someone else because of friendlyfire, they ban them without any warning or questions.

One thing that microsoft could do is design the online interface so that no 2 people could have the same name. I don't play Halo online that much, so I really can't say anything more, but I agree with you, it's not fun when your being killed by some wise@$$ while you're trying to be a good sport.

i agree with yall thats why i dont play on public servers anymore
i see this at lans as well but this is why i play CoD a lot we just vote them off
if i play on public i always make sure at least half the guys playing im friends with so voting of tkers is not a problem but turning off FF is usually what i have to resort to

You really want something to bitch about? Go play on some BF1942 or DC servers. You'll be freaking crying after you see some of the games there...

Well unfortunately I can't have a LAN everyday (yes I would if I could). Yeah I agree it's not all little 15 yr olds, it just fit at the time.

Yeah I just needed to rant at someone. GRRR... :D

Originally posted by Icewindius
You really want something to bitch about? Go play on some BF1942 or DC servers. You'll be freaking crying after you see some of the games there...

that and CS public servers (shudder at thought)

It's not like Halo is that great of a MP game anyway =P.

Once I get TKed a few times, I just simply leave the server to try another. If that doesn't work, I either play another game, or find something else to unwind me :)

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Any FPS game is much better at a Lan party, where you throw your keyboard at the kid who's TKing you.

Microsoft wasn't in charge of Halo PC... So, it's useless bitching about them.

Originally posted by Maximus825
Microsoft wasn't in charge of Halo PC... So, it's useless bitching about them.

Well if they're going to sell it under the Microsoft name, they should be responsible for it's quality.

No passing the buck here.

Nothing beats my exchange with a newbie at local lan party:
It was us against the admins, they were kicking our ass, i finally saw an opening, grabed the flag, and made it halfway back to our base before i started to get shot from behind, i turn around and see its my own teammate (his name was player)
Me: PLAYER! Quit shooting me you idiot! Im on your team!
Him: What? You are? Sorry im new
Me: YES IM ON YOUR TEAM QUIT IT
Him: Well start acting like it
Me: Im HOLDING THE ENEMY FLAG!

Him: Oh

Nothing beats halo on the xbox though. PC version sucked imho

Originally posted by Spinal
...You know I am becoming an advocate of the ESRB rating systems, and there strict enforcement, simply to keep little jerks out of game servers. (this is not meant to exclude the old jerks too... )....

how did you become an advocate of the esrb rating system?

Originally posted by monster.under.thebed

If a game is rated M for mature, immature retards shouldn't be able to buy it. unfortunately, this isn't enforced.

while on the subject...

anybody wanna buy my copy of halo? i bought it the first day and spent maybe oh... a total of a whole HALF an hour on it.

worst money i ever spent.

Originally posted by monster.under.thebed

This was more of a, "it might help keep little kids away"... but nothing ever will

It's the old "Ha, I'm xxx miles away from you and you can't do anything to me!" syndrome. Some people are just complete and utter nobs. They should charge much less for the game and charge $10/month to play it. People would be more serious and not mess around then for fear of being banned.

The bad port isn't Microsoft's fault but it is their fault for hiring a hit and miss developer to handle the port.

Originally posted by Staples
The bad port isn't Microsoft's fault but it is their fault for hiring a hit and miss developer to handle the port.

Yes... but it always goes back to the head company... It should be their responsibility to check the final product.

Just as if I was running a company that made deliveries, but hired a bad company to do the delivering... It's still ultimately MY responsibility.

its a shame too the game had potential and microsoft game studios has come out withe some great games (rise of nations being one)
*sigh* guess i have to wait 2 yrs after halo2 comes out for another bad port hopefully it will be different but i have seen a lot of sites saying halo 2 is also coming out on pc but with no date :confused:

Originally posted by avatar_of_might
that and CS public servers (shudder at thought)

Sometimes I like to come into these threads to remind myself why pay-to-play games are inherently better.

Thank you all!

I'll be going back to my TK-ing free Planetside now, thanks! (Although, to be fair, "America's Army" is also TK-ing free, and is really, really free. Or, maybe, you pay a WHOLE LOT every month to play it, but you have to pay that anyway regardless of if you play the game or not - for as long as you ever work!)

Halo PC has to be the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on a game. Even more so than SimGolf :)

What a crappy online experience.

Gumbo

Originally posted by GumboClownPunch
Halo PC has to be the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on a game. Even more so than SimGolf :)

What a crappy online experience.

Gumbo

I like Sim Golf... Sad as that is.

Originally posted by FuzzyDonkey
If a game is rated M for mature, immature retards shouldn't be able to buy it. unfortunately, this isn't enforced.

Keep the parents in mind as well. All parents are usually above age 17, so the kid whines for the game and they buy it and it's perfectly fine to the cashier. The Wal Mart's in my area enforce the rating age all the time. They won't let a kid buy Vice City if he's under 17 and is alone. If he has a parent with him, they will sell it to you. Also you must consider, online ordering and gift shopping from other people. I would find it VERY difficult to enforce the ESRB ratingings. In my opinion, it seems like they are just there made to be a warning. . . . .

Originally posted by ComputerBox34
Keep the parents in mind as well. All parents are usually above age 17, so the kid whines for the game and they buy it and it's perfectly fine to the cashier. The Wal Mart's in my area enforce the rating age all the time. They won't let a kid buy Vice City if he's under 17 and is alone. If he has a parent with him, they will sell it to you. Also you must consider, online ordering and gift shopping from other people. I would find it VERY difficult to enforce the ESRB ratingings. In my opinion, it seems like they are just there made to be a warning. . . . .

I agree totally. It was just some wishful thinking.

$5

Originally posted by HRslammR
while on the subject...

anybody wanna buy my copy of halo? i bought it the first day and spent maybe oh... a total of a whole HALF an hour on it.

worst money i ever spent.

The ESRB ratings are exactly like movie ratings and such. Someone who is underage cannot buy it, but if their parent is with them, they can. This is how it should be. If parents wish to allow their children to be subjected to the violence and such, fine. BUT, this should also mean that parents are to be held accountable and NOT the video game developers...

Originally posted by Maximus825
The ESRB ratings are exactly like movie ratings and such. Someone who is underage cannot buy it, but if their parent is with them, they can. This is how it should be. If parents wish to allow their children to be subjected to the violence and such, fine. BUT, this should also mean that parents are to be held accountable and NOT the video game developers...

Thats very true. If a kid who is 14 kills someone because of some stupid Video Game like Vice City or something, the parents and the kid should be held completely responsible and the game should not be critisized at all. The parents should be the ones who get the heat from the cops, not the video game developer. This is stuff that you see often if you look at lawsuites.

Y The FUCK is halo the worst online gaming expierince?
I think its fucking great! i see possible sources of compliants here....
1. Your computer sucks and it runs too slow, or your too lazy to go out and find some tweaks that make it run faster( game runs perfect online for me )
2. TKers ruin it for you.

answers...

1. upgrade ure vid card to something really new or stay the fuck away despite the BS minium requirements.
2. change servers or deal with the life of online games, big fucking deal.

I think it is very enjoyable game( ONLINE THAT IS ). the single player is borING!.

Originally posted by erkan
1. Your computer sucks and it runs too slow, or your too lazy to go out and find some tweaks that make it run faster( game runs perfect online for me )
2. TKers ruin it for you.

answers...

1. upgrade ure vid card to something really new or stay the fuck away despite the BS minium requirements.
2. change servers or deal with the life of online games, big fucking deal.

I think it is very enjoyable game( ONLINE THAT IS ). the single player is borING!.

Well, since your sig says your in 9th grade, you must be 14, 15, or 16. *cough*Read First Post by Spinal after number 2*cough, cough, choke* When people with jobs that work basically all the time get on to play online during a small brake, they like to enjoy it to relive stress, get their minds off of work, etc. When you get someone cursing, breaking the rules, spawn killing, etc, it tends to make them really MAD and provoke more stress. Some times people like to spawn kill and this is not fair to the person who is being spawn killed. They get mad and can't stand to play just because they can't move or go anywhere because some of **** kills them when they spawn.

As of the system requirements keep in mind some people don't know to much about computers and that some people can't afford a good video card that's $300 USD.

Is that type of cursing allowed on this forum?

ignore erkan, he is just a waste of air. His reading comprehension apparently sucks because he barely grasped the OP's statements.

Onto blaming the parents, to an extent I can almost see that as being a "semi-solution". But, it would have to be a clear cut case of some extremely shitty parenting.

Myself, I believe that we sould in fact blame the person that shoots up the school or the city. Yup, the kid. If the kid is old enough to take somone elses life, then he is old enough to forfiet his life. None of this, "too young to understand the consequences" bullshit. That doesn't work for 2 reasons. 1) Even as a kid I knew right and wrong to that degree, so it sounds like a cop out. And 2) if the kid cannot tell right from wrong by the time he is capable of taking random people's lives, then he is unfit for any society and should be put to sleep.

While we are at it, lets get rid of life sentances for the little fuckers. I have no desire to pay for the little shits through taxes for my entire life. Give me the gun and the authority and I would personally save America a ton of money.

Originally posted by Spinal
So after playing Halo for a month or so, I have decided 2 things...

1) Micro$oft consists of a bunch of lazy pricks. Could we not spend a month or so coding in some server controls? I mean seriously. Who thought it would be a good idea to have no server controls what so ever?

2) Halo PC is a breeding ground for even more immature 15 yr olds with nothing important to do.

Previously this section of the gaming world could simply be kicked or banned with the click of a button. Problem solved. No more TK's etc. Yes you would have the occasional vengeful admin, but you simply move on.

Not here though. These annoying 15 yr olds have now evolved into little MONSTERS that tear away at my sanity. TK after TK... my mind slips closer to the edge of Dimensia.

This breed of child has nothing responsible to do. I spend all day in class and studying, and I would like to spend a couple hours in my dorm playing a little Halo. But no. Instead of my stress level decreasing, I simply want to break something.

Today was the last straw. I was enjoying a wonderful game of CTF in Blood Gulch with a 12 player max... great bunch of guys all having a good time. suddenly in comes in a child with my name. MY NAME!!! WTF? Now there are two Spinal's. Now he repeatedly TK's my entire team. And now they all kill me, seeing as there is no way for them to tell the diff between him and me. Game ruined... :mad:

You know I am becoming an advocate of the ESRB rating systems, and there strict enforcement, simply to keep little jerks out of game servers. (this is not meant to exclude the old jerks too... ).

Gameplay problems aside, this is my biggest problem with Halo for PC.

Get it together Micro$oft

I've never heard a guy cry so much in my life~~ :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DocFaustus
ignore erkan, he is just a waste of air. His reading comprehension apparently sucks because he barely grasped the OP's statements.

Onto blaming the parents, to an extent I can almost see that as being a "semi-solution". But, it would have to be a clear cut case of some extremely shitty parenting.

Myself, I believe that we sould in fact blame the person that shoots up the school or the city. Yup, the kid. If the kid is old enough to take somone elses life, then he is old enough to forfiet his life. None of this, "too young to understand the consequences" bullshit. That doesn't work for 2 reasons. 1) Even as a kid I knew right and wrong to that degree, so it sounds like a cop out. And 2) if the kid cannot tell right from wrong by the time he is capable of taking random people's lives, then he is unfit for any society and should be put to sleep.

While we are at it, lets get rid of life sentances for the little fuckers. I have no desire to pay for the little shits through taxes for my entire life. Give me the gun and the authority and I would personally save America a ton of money.
Amen to that.

I play Vice City and other violent games all the time, know right from wrong, and have the restraint to not kill people. I love how games are obviously wrong because .1% of the gaming population (if that) act like idiots.

move your eyes a litle lower in my sig and u will see I am in college. a Full time student, 19 years old, I only get to play halo 1-2 hours a day, seeing how my major is chemical engineering.

This thread is filled with people that need to just stop bitching about the reality of online gaming, and accept it the way it is. You cant help it that most of the people that play games are probably younger than you guys, therefor are really immature. If your Halo sessions are soo critical for your happyness, y dont you get some friends( you can do IT!) and set up your on personal server or somthing, problem solved.

btw, My 3d card cost me only $200 bucks about a year ago! its a 9700 NP. If you can buy $50 games, you can by a decent videocard with some time.

move your eyes a litle lower in my sig and u will see I am in college. a Full time student, 19 years old, I only get to play halo 1-2 hours a day, seeing how my major is chemical engineering.

This thread is filled with people that need to just stop bitching about the reality of online gaming, and accept it the way it is. You cant help it that most of the people that play games are probably younger than you guys, therefor are really immature. If your Halo sessions are soo critical for your happyness, y dont you get some friends( you can do IT!) and set up your on personal server or somthing, problem solved.

btw, My 3d card cost me only $200 bucks about a year ago! its a 9700 NP. If you can buy $50 games, you can by a decent videocard with some time.

No one made you read my post.

No one said anything about performance issues.

I complain about a game, you complain about my post. That makes you no better than I.

Besides, if no one complained, nothing would get fixed.

Seriously man, why do you keep bringing up performance issues? This thread has nothing to do with that.

Off topic:
How hard is it to write "you" and "why" instead of U and Y?

the Halo code sucks more than anyones computer. It's like requiring 3,000 horsepower to tow a civic.

<snip>

fixed

Originally posted by DocFaustus
Seriously man, why do you keep bringing up performance issues? This thread has nothing to do with that.

Off topic:
How hard is it to write "you" and "why" instead of U and Y, and use the proper version of your and you're?

Back