Halo Legends is the biggest piece of crap ever

Sikkyu

I Question Reality
Yeah.....

Consider this a warning I guess.

I'm about 60% through and so far.... its pretty much the worst thing I have seen animated in my life.

Spoilers

Part 1

Pretty epic monologue of of the beginning of halo. At first I was optimistic that this might not suck.

Part 2

Artsy version of the first arbiter. kinda neat, kinda pointless, pretty much a rip off of samurai culture.

Part 3

Some story about a female spartan which ended badly and the voice acting sucked.

Part 4

Dragon ball z / Saturday morning cartoon ripoff. seriously. its so bad.

Part 5

BUAH HAHAHHAHA, now its a gundum ripoff seriously it gets worse.

Edit

I would like to add that the last 2 episode things are pretty good. The middle is total crap.

Basically I think bungie had a whole bunch of possible DLC/ random unfinished story ideas and thought, fuck it, we got a shit load of money, lets animate it.

Last edited:
It's a Halo anime, what'd you expect.

Basically I think bungie had a whole bunch of possible DLC/ random unfinished story ideas and thought, fuck it, we got a shit load of money, lets animate it.
You realize there are Halo books?

eh it was ok imo. I think the idea here was to animate them in as many original styles as possible, which they did pretty well. probably made for the anime crowd, I could see how you would not be able to appreciate the art direction unless you've seen it in other work, kind of like animatrix. writing was generic but I don't think it had anything to do with the game series, never read the books but it seems like that's what the entire thing was based on.

yes i can understand that. I loved the animatrix, and alot of anime.

Im part way through the ODST episode and this is pretty decent. the rest were pretty bad.

I might take it out of my Netflix queue.

There are only 3 small 10 minute "parts" that are pretty decent and make any sense. Namely the final part which is a Spartan assualt on a covenint battlegroup. But you could probably just youtube that, Its not worth watching the whole video just for that. So out of a solid 2 hour "movie" only about 30 minutes of it is watchable. I watched it from start to finish mostly because I had it playing on my second monitor so I could do other things as well.

In one part there is a spartan named 1337... seriously, and he does the typical comical failings fighting a incredibly touch foe and then a gohan/videl look alike come and help and start doing dbz moves.

If you take it as satirical it might be entertaining but the voice acting is so bad its really hard to feel anything about these 10 minutes segments of randomness.

Back