• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Halo goes episodic

I honestly don't mind the episodic production of games as long as I don't have to wait more than a year for the next iteration.

Hopefully they can do something a bit different with the Halo universe setting other than what Halo 1 and 2 have done and Halo 3 will do.
 
Episodic game thus far has failed me. ...when does HL2 Episode 2 come out now?
 
Everyone keeps lookign at HL2 being the only game that is episodic.

Sam and Max are episodic and it is working very well.
 
The thought of episodic gaming isn't what turns me off, its the experience I've had with it.
 
I cant read the article from work here... anyone care to summarize?

Episodic content should come out every few months to be considered episodic no? if it takes as long as HL2:EP2 is taking, how can anyone call that episodic?

Graw 2 came a year after Graw 1... and thats a full game... so then, episodic content should come out every 3 - 4 months im thinking.
 
no it's episode 2. it's not an expansion

JSC450 said:
Episodic content should come out every few months to be considered episodic no? if it takes as long as HL2:EP2 is taking, how can anyone call that episodic?

Yep. Obviously they're calling it an episode but that doesn't make it one. Its taking longer (its still 6+ months off) and will contain more content than most expansion packs. Its not a criticism, its just not what developers mean when they say "episodic gaming" but yet lots of people still use it as an example.
 
I cant read the article from work here... anyone care to summarize?

Episodic content should come out every few months to be considered episodic no? if it takes as long as HL2:EP2 is taking, how can anyone call that episodic?

Graw 2 came a year after Graw 1... and thats a full game... so then, episodic content should come out every 3 - 4 months im thinking.

Graw 2 is a polished Graw 1 as far as I've read (I haven't actually played). I think episodic content should be in a 8-12 month release date time frame, but that's just my view. Of course, I only think that way because I assume that a longer development time means more content in the game. I would rather play a 10+ hour episode of a game than a 6 hour long game (if the quality of each is the same).
 
Back
Top