Halo 5 Release Tipped for November 2015

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This information comes in at less than a rumor and somewhere between a friend of a friend told me he heard this from an insider, so take it for what it’s worth. If you are looking for just a whiff of what’s coming down the pike for Halo 5, read on. :cool:

But assuming for a moment everything ntkrnl is sharing is legitimate - and NeoGaf certainly thinks it is - we're looking at one of the largest leaks in video game history - continuing here today well beyond this single article.

Seems rather fast paces given that the next game in the series just comes out this year. But who knows maybe they can pull it off.

Actually looking at the article the next game, ie the one they teased with master chief in the desert wearing a robe, isn't even on the list of things being developed.

also find that Halo 2 anniversary addition to include ports of 3 and 4 to be a tad much for a single release. Would be nice if it did include all of that.

Maybe I'm the only one... I Played halo 1 -- thought it was okay... but that's where I stopped. The people that are REALLY into it act as if it's the first ever (and only) great saga/story told in the video game world.

The question is why the Halo engine was changed for the sequels and everyone thought it was okay. People do realize that the main reason the first game was good was because of the engine, right? I mean, it was a lot of fun.

The engine they used the sequel was just fucking horrible.

Seems like a long ways away from XB1's release date for Microsoft's signature cash crop game...

The 360 didn't have a halo game at launch either.

yup, halo 3 was released 2 years after launch.

However this has been the response from Microsoft about the next game being delayed

Xbox Wire today mentioned a few 2014 titles; Halo on Xbox One not listed due to official name of the next title not announced yet. Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm

The name part is what has gotten me above there. When they first shown the trailer for Halo last year they had said it wasn't going to be Halo 5. They kind of hinted of something along the lines of ODST or Reach, where it is a side story. But whatever the story is will be a continuation of the story from 4. So I wonder if maybe they are working on the engine to have it used by both games with Halo coming out 2014 and then a year later Halo 5 being released. although even that sounds WAY too close for the two games to come out.

Halo, Forza, Gears, TV, Sports, Kinect.

For everything else, there's Sony and Nintendo.

While this would be awesome if true, some of it makes no financial sense.
1) I kinda figured halo 5 would not come out this year. Its been taking halo games and like a portion of the industry, 3 years to make a game. and 2015 is three years between halo 4 and 5.

2) halo 3 and 4 ports. If this is true at all, it makes no sense. Why would they do that when they could wait a year or two and realease halo 3 anni edition. If it is true, then its only going to be a striaght port, no graphics enhancement except possibly for higher res. I guess its like the quake 4 on 360 that came with quake 2, or doom3 on xbox that came with the first dooms.

I just think microsofts and 343s time would be better spent creating new games in the halo universe then porting 3 and 4.

Back