Halo 3 Legendary Edition?

The18thLetter

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200242

Are you kidding me?
Is anyone actually going to buy this?
I don't know, but for $100, the game should come with more than 2 extra discs and a "helmet" (actual quality of said "helmet" still up in the air) I and most would have no use for.

...and I thought the recent rise of Collector's Editions for $10 more was getting ridiculous...
Now we have Collector's Collector's Editions @ a ridiculous price...
Next up:
Capcom following suit with Super Hyper Mega Limited Turbo VII Editions.

:eek:

If it really is that good I may consider it but will probably wait for the "trilogy" box set

there are two collectors editions for Halo 3

you can get the Halo 3: N00b Edition for $59.95
you can get the Halo 3: Collector's Edition for $69.95
you can get the Halo 3: "Donate to Microsoft" Edition for $99.95

As Microsoft is so fond of saying, they're "providing you with choice" and leaving you the consumer up to wasting money at a variety of different price points.

While i certainly wouldn't pay for it, i want to see what the "Halo Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI Helmet Replica" is. If it was fullsize, i could see people paying $100.

I really don't see why you'd want a helmet (Unless you physically need one, as in "Put on your helmet and go get me a beer"), but I'm sure someone might.

if the helmet is full size and seriously sweet, and halo 3 is a lot better than halo 2, i would buy it. But for the $40 you are paying for the helmet, i dont see it being anything special.

A helmet that costs $40 is most likely going to be shitty ($60 for the game). I'm just going to build my own.

Zinn said:
there are two collectors editions for Halo 3

you can get the Halo 3: N00b Edition for $59.95
you can get the Halo 3: Collector's Edition for $69.95
you can get the Halo 3: "Donate to Microsoft" Edition for $99.95

As Microsoft is so fond of saying, they're "providing you with choice" and leaving you the consumer up to wasting money at a variety of different price points.
Basically.

...and I was aware of the 2 CE's.. hence, the reason why I labeled this one the "Collector's Collector's Edition" in the OP. lol

Personally, I find all the Collector's Edition extras (in all games released today) to be a bunch of worthless crap I don't care about.

collectors edition boxes are oftentimes harder to open as well... like with the perfect dark zero box....... you have to take a translucent plastic cover off before opening the box

god perfect dark zero is such a worthless game why the fuck did i buy it :confused:

I think the helmet won't be full size, but rather a smaller scaled replica or such.

Zinn said:
collectors edition boxes are oftentimes harder to open as well... like with the perfect dark zero box....... you have to take a translucent plastic cover off before opening the box

god perfect dark zero is such a worthless game why the fuck did i buy it :confused:

We should have known better. Hell, Rare even went through the trouble to rate it's worth on a scale from 1~10 right on the cover for everyone to see.

If you dont want it dont buy it maybe?

Call me crazy but I dont see anyone forcing any of you to waste your money on a collectors edition if you dont want it. Some people like to spend a little extra to get some trinkets or whatnot. Who are you to say it is bad / wrong? Is someone who buys a painting for 1 Million dollars wrong? Just because it is a piece of canvas with some paint on it, it doesn't hold much actual value. It is the percieved value. Believe it or not some people value something more than the cost of the raw materials.

And for the record, I could care less about collector's editions, just gimme the damn game!

I may consider the $69 game but only uber geeks would buy the $99 and wear the stupid helmet it comes with. I bought Halo 2 CE and I ordered GoW CE and those are the only 2 CE's I have ever bought since I started gaming.

So far the only Collectors Edition game I've ever bought is Halo 2. If I can I might get the Collector's Edition of Gears of War, but Halo 3 will definitely be the second one I would buy. I don't know if I'll get the Collector's Edition, or the Legendary Edition.

Jerome36 said:
So far the only Collectors Edition game I've ever bought is Halo 2. If I can I might get the Collector's Edition of Gears of War, but Halo 3 will definitely be the second one I would buy. I don't know if I'll get the Collector's Edition, or the Legendary Edition.
why

You know how they say there's a sucker born every minute?
I went to my local EB (looking for NWN2...which they only had enough for pre-orders for) and I guess they've already taken TWENTY FIVE pre-orders for the Legendary one thus far. Granted they could be lying as they're all used care salesmen now, but the whole concept is absurd.
I'm going to go pre-pay for Gears of War 2 tomorrow. I'm sure we know as much about it's release date as we do Halo 3's...

Domingo said:
I went to my local EB (looking for NWN2...which they only had enough for pre-orders for) and I guess they've already taken TWENTY FIVE pre-orders for the Legendary one thus far. Granted they could be lying as they're all used care salesmen now, but the whole concept is absurd.
I'm going to go pre-pay for Gears of War 2 tomorrow. I'm sure we know as much about it's release date as we do Halo 3's...
I think sheep is a more fitting term. lol

Domingo said:

Ummm screw you, I love extra goodies with my games and seeings how PC games arn'tlike they used to be years ago with giving you extras, i'll take my console games if they offer me goodies. I forked $25 the first day the reserve SKU's were out for the Legendary edition and the Collectors Edition of Gears of War because I CAN and I WANT to.

Go sit in your dark boring room and play Halo 3 regular if you want, i'll be enjoying my extra toys for collecting in my uber gaming room.

Oh and it sounds like its a full sized helmet if you read the little notice on the bottom of the page

Due to unusual size and weight a $5 shipping and handling fee will be added to all orders. The fee is subject to change once actual package weight has been confirmed.

IceWind said:
Ummm screw you, I love extra goodies with my games and seeings how PC games arn'tlike they used to be years ago with giving you extras, i'll take my console games if they offer me goodies. I forked $25 the first day the reserve SKU's were out for the Legendary edition and the Collectors Edition of Gears of War because I CAN and I WANT to.

Go sit in your dark boring room and play Halo 3 regular, i'll be enjoying my extra toys for collecting in my uber gaming room.

Because OF COURSE pre-ordering that stuff what could be SEVERAL YEARS in advance is the smartest move. There's clearly no way you'll be able to get that stuff any other way.
I'll be enjoying keeping my money in hand and knowing that if I really want that stuff I can pick it up at another store when we know if/when the game will be out.

Domingo said:
Because OF COURSE pre-ordering that stuff what could be SEVERAL YEARS in advance is the smartest move. There's clearly no way you'll be able to get that stuff any other way.
I'll be enjoying keeping my money in hand and knowing that if I really want that stuff I can pick it up at another store when we know if/when the game will be out.

Dude, please. One year pre-ordering does not qualify as "several" years :rolleyes: These are collectors edition stuff and besides Ebay, once their gone, their gone. And Halo 3 is a confirmed release on XBox360 so I don't know where your getting off at.

Sounds to me you just "play" video games and thats fine. I however, LIVE for them. Its my life, my hobby and my passion and where a good portion of my hard earned money goes towards.

I own the Halo 2 Collector's Edition, Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition, will be picking up the Gears of War Collector's Edition, and most likely one of the Halo 3 Collector's sets.

Why do I bother spending extra money on tin packges? Because I work at a gaming store and get an awesome discount. :p

zero002021 said:
I own the Halo 2 Collector's Edition, Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition, will be picking up the Gears of War Collector's Edition, and most likely one of the Halo 3 Collector's sets.

Why do I bother spending extra money on tin packges? Because I work at a gaming store and get an awesome discount. :p

One of the few reasons I miss working at Gamestop, I miss all the extra free goodies and discounts :( Owell, its still retail and i've done my share of that.

IceWind said:
Dude, please. One year pre-ordering does not qualify as "several" years :rolleyes:

It's not like Halo 2 missed it's release date by 8 months. If you pre-order now, you're giving EB in interest free loan for what could be upwards of nearly 2 YEARS. You can live for games all you want. Ordering this stuff 2 years in advance is just letting EB continue to run their racket of reporting revenues before they actually come in.

Domingo said:
It's not like Halo 2 missed it's release date by 8 months. If you pre-order now, you're giving EB in interest free loan for what could be upwards of nearly 2 YEARS. You can live for games all you want. Ordering this stuff 2 years in advance is just letting EB continue to run their racket of reporting revenues before they actually come in.

I hate waiting, when I want something bad, I want it NOW. Pre-ordering assures me i'll be one of the first playing something new while all the average joes get to wait.

I could care less of EB/Gamestops business practices, as long as I get my games first and for a good price, I'm happy.

Think I found the jackpot after some Googling...

legendaryeditionhg1.jpg

OMG, I want it :eek:

Erasmus354 said:
Because there is really a size reference anywhere in that picture :rolleyes:

I'm going by the base it's sitting on.

I'd wager it's probally 1/4 scale or something, maybe 8'ish inches tall, espically since it has to fit in packaging and be able to be displayed in stores and such.

I saw a pic the other day of the set with the helmet and 4 dvd's that go with it were leant against it. I'd say the helmet was 1:2 scale and apparently the helmet houses the dvd's, manuals, etc inside. But that was one site. Another site (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154716) says its the size of a cats head.

I'll admit the helmet looks nice, but for the "size of a cat's head"... it's definitely not worth $40.
The FFXII CE was barely worth the $10, itself.. the only redeeming factor was the metal case (it wasn't a slipcase).

Meh.

Microsoft is giving you guys a choice here. If you don't think the replica is worth it, don't buy it. It's that simple, as Bill Gates isn't putting a gun to your head to force you to buy it. I preordered it because i'm a huge Halo fan, and wouldn't mind putting it on my shelf of stuff I like to collect.

i like collectors editions if they come with fancy metal boxes, or if it comes with a dvd of an otherwise cd-rom install.

JonnyK said:
i like collectors editions if they come with fancy metal boxes, or if it comes with a dvd of an otherwise cd-rom install.

Concur, DVD editions vs CDRom always win me over.

I currently have the legendary version reserved at EB.

I had no idea what it was at the time, but I figured it's generally a lot easier to downgrade my reservation later than to upgrade it (since the legendary is probably limited and my run out).

I am still not sure if I will get legendary, but I don't have to make my mind up for a long time so I am just going to sit back and wait for more information and better pictures.

I will definitely be getting the cheapest version. I'd love the $50 version but MS took back their promise. Now all their games will be $60+.

IceWind said:
OMG, I want it :eek:
I placed my pre-order on day # 1... and nwt, after learning more about what's included with it, I can agree... OMFG... I really do want it too :D.

Skirrow said:
I saw a pic the other day of the set with the helmet and 4 dvd's that go with it were leant against it. I'd say the helmet was 1:2 scale and apparently the helmet houses the dvd's, manuals, etc inside.
I just got this from GameStop's website today.

An image is worth a thousand words... and I think this one answers most of our questions about this very special 'extra'.

VoxMS_013.jpg

If I could fit the helmet on my head, I would shell out. Meh, I don't know. If it's decent size and quality, I will probably bite. I would think Bungie would make sure it was a decent looking piece of memorabilia.

Back