Halo 3 in play pics

Even though im not much of a Halo person that is still awesome of Bungie to do something like that. Good work.

meh.

The game is unimpressive from those shots, but its cool they let our soldiers play it, even though it was only like 10 of hundreds of thousands.

ewww...it looks like halo 2 with slightly better grfx.

erf said:
ewww...it looks like halo 2 with slightly better grfx.

Either you're joking or I feel sorry for your parents. This is an Alpha build and likely that means the graphics are the last thing the devs are considering at this point.

I never was a big halo fan. Mainly cause the PC had way better fps at the time. But its a decent console game. (way over hyped imo). But since i own a 360 now i might give Halo 3 a chance. Not gonna judge the graphics cause its an alpha build. But if it actually looks like that on retail. Gonna be alot of pissed of Halo fans :p But it probably wont stop them from buying it im sure. I mean lets face it. Gears of War has really set a new standard for the xbox on how games should look. Hopefully halo delivers.

theNoid said:
Either you're joking or I feel sorry for your parents. This is an Alpha build and likely that means the graphics are the last thing the devs are considering at this point.
Actually graphics usually get done first and then they build levels upon the graphics because if you don't have your graphics engine finalized you might have to redo a shit load of levels.

gow looks a hell of a lot better than this even when the demo was shown 10-12 months before its release.

Banko said:
Actually graphics usually get done first and then they build levels upon the graphics because if you don't have your graphics engine finalized you might have to redo a shit load of levels.

Engine doesn't mean textures.

Technoob said:
Engine doesn't mean textures.
agreed, but i also think that the gfx arent on the top of the devs list, since its pre-alpha they must just be workin on the level design, gameplay and miscellaneous stuff.....

That was my point. The basic engine would be one of the first things finished, then you put the pretty wrapping on the engine last...lots of pretty textures.

Well it's hard to judge a whole lot, with those screenshots, but I disagree with erf, and the "slightly better gfx" comment. Even from the alpha build of the game, shown in the recent Halo 3 video, the graphic improvements, from Halo 2, are more the just slightly. Heck, just look at the Brute footage at the beginning of the game, and compare it to the Brutes towards the end of the video.

Now, with that said the game is FAR from looking as good as Gears of War, and even as a big Halo fan, I doubt it will come close to Gears, which is a shame because I think a lot of people will hate on Halo 3 simply because of that fact, but I have confidence Bungie will deliver a nice looking game, and more importantly great gameplay and hopefully a great online experience, which Halo 2 has (if you can find games that don't feature 13 year olds calling people "fags" and using the "N" word).

As far as the original topic is concerned, I think it's fantastic Bungie brought this game over to the troops, so they could play.

Remember these are not just "screenshots", they are pictures taken of the monitor the game is being displayed on with a soldier's camera in the middle of a desert. ;)

I wouldn't be so concerned with the quality of the pictures so much as with the fact that the game is playable, and that Bungie is allowing our (American) soldiers to demo it. Props to them!

theNoid said:
Yes, very true. Halo 3 probably uses the same engine as Halo 2 but the game has higher res texture and higher poly counts, thats about it. You can compare very early versions of Halo 2 and it's final screenshots, they don't look much better.

Good thing the assault riffle is back, it was a major mistake to exclude it from Halo 2.

Back