Halo 3...free?

Jordan1

[H]ard|Gawd
Just saw this on ING:

November 16, 2007 - If you buy an Xbox 360 before Dec. 21, Microsoft will send you a free copy of Halo 3, the company announced today.

According to the official Xbox web site, gamers who buy a new console between now and the deadline, sign up for a new Xbox Live account and register their systems with Microsoft will receive a copy of Halo 3 in their mailboxes.

The game will arrive by Jan. 18, Microsoft said.

The deal isn't combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates and is limited to one submission per person.

Hear that? That's the sound of a million holiday wish lists exploding.

Update: This morning, Xbox.com was advertising this initiative on its Halo 3 Deals & Promotions page. By this afternoon, however, the page was gone. This link to the promotion's registration page still works, though. We've contacted Microsoft for clarification on the deal, and we'll let you know more as soon as possible.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/835/835896p1.html

"There is an issue with registration at this time. Please try again later. " This is what Microsoft's page is telling me from the link in the 2nd paragraph of the ING article. Hopefully it will be working again sometime.

You can't beat getting a free game. Especially something like Halo 3. Sure, there are haters, but I think many gamers on the 360 fence wouldn't mind getting it for free.

I ordered a 360 from walmart.com for my brother on the 13th (five days ago). It won't even get here until the 20th! Any chance I fall under the category of "gamers who buy a new console between now and the deadline"? Any information would be appreciated. It would be quite unfortunate if not.

i heard about this, the place i read (can't remember ill have to check my history) about it said you ALSO have to have an original Xbox with a live account. you then upgrade it to a 360 GOLD account as part of the requirements.

EDIT:

" Much like singing sensation Sonny & Cher, the Xbox 360 and Halo 3 form a highly entertaining and nigh inseparable duo -- this despite one's lower life expectancy and the other's habit of keeping fans satisfied by getting a face lift every few years. No enormous corporation is more aware of this than Microsoft, which has revealed a new incentive for U.S. shoppers considering its sphere-stamped system.

[So much for that: Microsoft has reworded the promotion, clarified the stipulations and made the offer a lot less magnanimous at the last minute.]

If you're an original Xbox owner with a paid Xbox Live account and purchase an Xbox 360 between November 21 and December 21 of this year, you'll be entitled to a free copy of Bungie's sci-fi opus. As it's not present inside the console's packaging, you'll have to wait for Microsoft to mail the game to you (it arrives by January 18, 2008). After unpacking your new system, you'll be expected to convert your Xbox Live account to a Gold subscription, and enter your details, including the system's serial number, into this registration page before December 21."

taken from
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/16/buy-xbox-360-receive-halo-3-free-in-the-mail/

If I were an original Xbox owner who hadn't made it to the 360 yet, I'd sure be thinking about this. Too bad I'm not. $350 for 3 games, two of which are pretty damn spectacular!

fuk, am still waiting on my free MS points they said I would get if you bought a console between november 06 and march 07, I registered was told I would get the points and still aint got them, so goodluck in hoping to get a game from them measly fuks.

fuk, am still waiting on my free MS points they said I would get if you bought a console between november 06 and march 07, I registered was told I would get the points and still aint got them, so goodluck in hoping to get a game from them measly fuks.

I don't remember that deal, but I remember them giving away 2 free Xbox Live Arcade games, if you bought your system between two specific dates. I'm not sure if it was Nov. 06th to Mar. 07 though.

Back