Halo 3 Delayed?

thedork

Limp Gawd
"Fox And Universal have come to terms with Microsoft, finalizing the Halo movie contract and agreeing on a Summer 2007 release. It was also noted that MS is planning to launch Halo 3 at the same time as the movie to “optimize marketing potential”. Could this be true? Has Microsoft abandoned its original plan to coincide the game’s launch with that of the PS3? We need answers!"
http://joblo.com/index.php?id=8401

i thought M$ is goin to launch halo 3 at the same time when sony decide to roll out the PS3 to steal some thunder...

Honestly, Halo hardly even had a story. How are they making a movie?

Cali3350 said:

It's Hollywood... 99% of movies out now don't have a story either, lol. It's just another marketing scheme to make some cash.

It would not surprise me at all, in order to make Halo 3 live up to expectations they would need that extra year of development. The amount of time they would have to rush Halo3 out the door by this spring simply would not be enough. For the sake of Halo 3 I hope that this is true and that MS are giving the game an extra year to make sure it lives up to all the expectations.

That's too bad. Halo is a huge driving force for the Xbox. It prolly would have help initial sales. Maybe they're now banking on the system itself to drive initial sales and Halo 3 to reinforce it when sales drop in 2007...

Halo had enough story to make 3 books out of it, what the hell are you guys talking about? The 2 by Eric Nylund were good, much much much better than the Doom books. I sure hope its good, i love Halo and the whole story.

Cali3350 said:

There is plenty of background information to support a story.

Hell, the games don't even explain where the Master Chief came from. By the time you're introduced to him (Halo), he's already superhuman.

It can't possiby end up being any worse than Resident Evil or...*shiver*...Super Mario Brothers.

Erasmus354 said:
For the sake of Halo 3 I hope that this is true and that MS are giving the game an extra year to make sure it lives up to all the expectations.

Maybe they'll get around to adding in an ending this time around.

That's one thing about Halo 2 that really pissed me off. The game just stops right in the middle of a fucking action scene. "What the fuck?!" was literally the first thing I said when the credits rolled.

Yeah, read the effin' books you lazy asses. There's all your story right there. Hopefully the movie will go by the books, and if so it should be excellent.... but "the flood" still sucked ass.

It will probably be Halo 4 to coincide with the movie, not 3.

We'll see if there is still interest in the series by then.

animosity said:
Yeah, read the effin' books you lazy asses. There's all your story right there. Hopefully the movie will go by the books, and if so it should be excellent.... but "the flood" still sucked ass.

QFT, Im kinda ashamed to say it but those were actually some pretty good books, especially the first and last ones that Nyland wrote, the one based on teh events of the game itself wasnt quite as good, but entertaining nonetheless.

The good thing about the movie is Bungie is DIRECTLY involved with everything regarding the movie. Not only that, Alex Garland of 28 Day Later wrote the script. Should be pretty swanky.

Hopefully 3 is delayed since 2 was rushed out the door unfinished. 2 had the weakest game ending i've ever seen :mad:

Genocidal[v2] said:
Hopefully 3 is delayed since 2 was rushed out the door unfinished. 2 had the weakest game ending i've ever seen :mad:

Yeah 2 was a big dissapointment. I only play the multiplayer I hate the campaign never even finshed it. I still play halo 1 campaign though.

Sorry, the day I start reading books based on videogames, is the day.....let's just say it'll never happen :)

Back