Halo 2 in stores?

damn firewall.. can't click on the link. This is actually something I have been looking for. Played the first halo like 50+ in a row. It was the only game I had for a while. After my old xbox with all my games got stolen.

Seriously? Makes me want to smack the manager at our Bestbuy upside his head. Went over there a day or 2 ago to pick up a copy of Vista and preorder Halo 2. They have a deal goin for half off Halo 2 if you buy Vista with it but they wouldn't give me half off if I bought Vista then and preordered Halo 2.

Sooo now I gotta go through the hassle of installing Vista on release day. :mad:

I never played the first one on PC, is it a good port or no?

It wasn't really that great of a port. I mean, you can get a bajillion FPS in it on modern PCs, but back when it was released in 2003, there were problems getting good performance out of it with anything other than a high-end machine. Also, they disabled anti-aliasing.

Still, it was good enough for people who wanted to play it but didn't have an Xbox. I had a couple friends pick it up for this reason. Also, the Mac version was supposed to have fixed a lot of the performance problems, oddly enough.

Circuit City in my area (NJ) has it..Didnt have a price on it so the CS guy scanned it for me..WTF though..$50 for an Xbox port..Get a grip MS..

The first one has a pretty bad netcode from what I remember. BF2 is smoother with 64 people than Halo with 16 (I'm not exaggerating). I hope Halo 2 is better. And yea, I think they should have released it at $39.99 or less. It's not like us PC gamers are deprived of choices. Hmm... $50 for a 3 year old console port or $50 for Crysis. This is so hard...

Nice! Hopefully I can find it now.

FWIW: I'm using Vista as my main os now and have no regrets.

EDIT: Called the usual suspects...no dice. And gamestop's telling me the 26th now...ugh.

The graphics in this game aren't that great. It basically looks like a high resolution Halo 2.

The graphics options let you change brightness, change resolution (widescreen support), change between 3 graphics presets (low, medium, high), and change anti-aliasing.

So has anything been confirmed if Halo 2 can do Co-op over Live or at least over LAN? It would be complete bullshit if MS/Bungie didn't include it this time.

So has anything been confirmed if Halo 2 can do Co-op over Live or at least over LAN? It would be complete bullshit if MS/Bungie didn't include it this time.

I bet you that you can't, but if they did.... It'd be freaking awesome to go through it with my friend.

I picked up a copy at the Circuit City I work at in Houston , and I can tell you that it does not support Co-op, even over Lan. That was a painful discovery.

Besides the lack of co-op, my initial impression isn't great. Models look ok, but the level geometry and textures make me feel like it is 2002. No matter how high I turn the mouse sensitivity, it still responds very sluggishly. I have been using my 360 pad to play it because the mouse control sucks so hard. I haven't gone online yet, so I'm holding out hope that the online experience will be better. Thankfully I had a sweet coupon for employees, so I only paid 23.50 for it.

Official release date was pushed back to June 1st... you can see this by going to Best Buy, EB, and Gamestop's websites.

For some reason, Circuit City decided to throw it out there early.

No clue what Microsoft is doing with this one, they really fucked up the release.

I picked up a copy at the Circuit City I work at in Houston , and I can tell you that it does not support Co-op, even over Lan. That was a painful discovery.

Seriously, fuck Microsoft. They have had all of this time in the world to make it right, and again they dropped the ball. They keep touting the online aspects of the game, and their new Windows Live service, yet they remove a huge multiplayer aspect of the game upon release.

I really want to believe that Microsoft is trying to breathe new life into PC gaming, but their efforts show otherwise.

I hope I live to see the day when Microsoft is no more.

Called around yesturday and everywhere around here said June 1st. Called CC and was told they had 3 copies left :D

A lot of fun and I really like that they are bringing Live over to the PC but there are a lot of minor complaints that add up with this port but so far no real techincal problems. (though I've only got about an hour or 2 into it)

I think my main 2 complaints would have to be the fact that the mouse sensitivity works just like the gamepad option does on the xbox (1-10) and even at 10 the movement is kind of sluggish. I seem to be able to turn faster by turning my 360 wireless gamepad on.

On top of that the graphical update isn't that huge over the Xbox version considering it requires a semi beefy pc to run smoothly. It doesn't look BAD it actually looks pretty dang good at 1680x1050 for what it is, a bloated port of an original xbox game.

The on/off release date is what makes me /cry though. I need some fresh meat to blast and it seems the folks that picked up theirs early just want to play Slayer (WTB people playing Oddball and King of the HIll). :p

2 Questions, Is it DX10? And is it Vista only, damn Borg keep forcing us to use their updated op's.

Now thats just stupid, they're forcing us to upgrade to that shitty vista for no good reason! :(

Ugh, just because it isn't using DirectX 10 doesn't mean it isn't using Vista only APIs. Windows Live is meaant to only work on Vista as some of the technology it uses to work is Vista only. This is one of the main reasons why it's only on Vista.

Seriously, why would you except a company to create a brand new OS, then release a game on an older OS 6 months later?

Official release date was pushed back to June 1st... you can see this by going to Best Buy, EB, and Gamestop's websites.

For some reason, Circuit City decided to throw it out there early.

No clue what Microsoft is doing with this one, they really fucked up the release.

I have no idea why they have the offical release date as 6/1. CircuitCity, Target and many Wal-Marts have been selling the game since they received it this week/late last week.

There were rumors of a recall on the discs and that CircuitCity was putting them all into defective status but I used to work at CircuitCity so I had someone look in the system and it wasn't listed (and hasn't been listed) as defective like the rumor said.

:confused:

I wouldn't say they completely fucked up this release but it definately has been less than stellar

Back