Half-Life: Counter-Strike

Nye553

Gawd
I just moved to my dorm and I installed Counter-Strike (not CZ)... I'm having trouble getting it on the internet because I don't have an updated version. I've tried the Utilities update thing but it wont work... some of them just wont let me and some of them have smaller files which makes them invalid Update Files. I don't know what to do to update CS... anyone know?

What version of CS did you install? Because with steam you shouldn't have any problems with updating CS, because you have to update it before steam lets you play CS. Have you tired just re-installing your CS install again? Ahh it may be a firewall issue, but i doubt it.

Make sure you are using Steam www.steampowered.com
Steam will automatically updated your HL and CS to the latest version.
Like C|ip$3 said, it might be a firewall issue.

The old version uses WON authentication, which has been shut down. You need to get Steam if you wish to continue playing Counter-Strike on the net.

1.5 patch is still available...just google it. However WON servers have been shutdown so all you can do is lan or play against bots

Correct me if I wrong but cant you still play 1.3 and 1.5 through steam? Arent they listed under Third Party games?

I lost my 2nd disc to CZ, anyone know where I can get it? can I download it somewhere?

you don't need any cds with steam. all you need is valid cd keys and accounts.

I installed CS yesterday after finding the disk by accident. I couldnt update aswell but after some researching I got Steam and was able to play. My cd key even worked after all these years. The first server I joined and spectated had a wallhack player. I could see him track other players thru walls then popout and kill them. Not much has changed in the last 4 years in regards to cheaters but I do like the HLTV.

Yea there is a still a bunch of hackers in CS but oh well.. I just live with it because theres always gonna be cheaters in CS sadly...

fromage said:
That's why you don't pub. :rolleyes:

But its soo fun owning newbies on pubs... plus i love yelling at people who say "pwned".. thats by far the stupidiest word ever.

except perhaps the word penile. or onion. or ostrage. or platapus. those words are pretty stupid too.

Back