Half life 3 Underway Coming soon

WickedAngel said:
...they also do little things like push their developers beyond their limits and release products that are far from finished just so that they can meet the unrealistic deadlines that they deem so important.

Yes... EA is the devil! Deadlines. How can a lengthy project like this have a deadline? Just told my Boss today the products of the company, my company bought, are not ready to go into our own system... sometimes it charges a dollar instead of a 100. He told me don't worry, whats a couple million dollars between friends!

Publisher / distributor... doesn't matter. Lets blame EA for everything. Now that everyone has been continuously reminded EA doesnt code the big names the PC buffs complain about, we'll change it to some deadline shit! It doesnt matter EA's involvement in BF2 probably involved mostly buying the DC team and adding it to Dice, who cares they impose deadlines! WTF!

The reason Sims isn't farked isn't because it's Maxis vrs. Dice.... it's because EA really only hates us forum fuckers! Down with EA!!!!!

texuspete00 said:
Yes... EA is the devil! Deadlines. How can a lengthy project like this have a deadline? Just told my Boss today the products of the company, my company bought, are not ready to go into our own system... sometimes it charges a dollar instead of a 100. He told me don't worry, whats a couple million dollars between friends!

Publisher / distributor... doesn't matter. Lets blame EA for everything. Now that everyone has been continuously reminded EA doesnt code the big names the PC buffs complain about, we'll change it to some deadline shit! It doesnt matter EA's involvement in BF2 probably involved mostly buying the DC team and adding it to Dice, who cares they impose deadlines! WTF!

The reason Sims isn't farked isn't because it's Maxis vrs. Dice.... it's because EA really only hates us forum fuckers! Down with EA!!!!!

Sorry, but your sarcasm only serves to underline your idiocy on the subject. EA is notorious for overworking/underpaying their employees and imposing unrealistic deadlines. Pull your head out of your ass.

You're a fool in trying to alleviate responsibility. So what if they don't code the games? The games aren't released until they say so. If a shitty product with their name makes it to market, it's because EA allowed it.

Your analogy managed to make you look even more idiotic (If that is possible). If EA was more lenient then problems like those wouldn't arise. Putting an employee into overdrive isn't getting results; in fact, employees are least productive in that kind of situation.

Netrat33 said:
Apparently it is user error

Apparently you're as bright as a box of black crayons.

How is it user error? I start the download via Steam, click the option to "Launch Half-Life 2 Automatically When Completed", leave the computer, and come back to a half-done game that launched itself.

WickedAngel said:

How is it user error? I start the download via Steam, click the option to "Launch Half-Life 2 Automatically When Completed", leave the computer, and come back to a half-done game that launched itself.

I might be bright as a box of black crayons, but I got steam working just fine on multiple computers. How about you? So have a CRAP load of people who play HL2. Where does that leave your "brightness"? . Argue it all you want about "I don't care about others getting it to work!" that means the focus is YOU.

You have 3 computers...THREE that can't get steam working. Dude. Opinions all you want about steam, but 3 computers is too much for ONE person not to be able get to work :rolleyes:

And you just said a half-done game that launched itself...meaning what? You got it to work? If you didn't...why not turn OFF automatically launch? there's a bit a troubleshooting you MIGHT want to try

WickedAngel said:
Sorry, but your sarcasm only serves to underline your idiocy on the subject. EA is notorious for overworking/underpaying their employees and imposing unrealistic deadlines. Pull your head out of your ass.

I have friends who work at EA and who love working there. Then I have friends who left EA also because they felt underpaid. Can't please everyone in every company. Hell do you make enough for what you do at work or could you go for a little more? Much like advertising (fast paced business) games have a fast pace turn out rate. And WHAT is everyone's beef with EA games anyway?! I don't get it! If they TRULY made shitting games all the F'ing time, you REALLY think they would be around still? Freakin "Fa nboy" mentallity too with game companies.

Netrat33 said:
And you just said a half-done game that launched itself...meaning what? You got it to work? If you didn't...why not turn OFF automatically launch? there's a bit a troubleshooting you MIGHT want to try

What a pathetic loyalist you are.

Yes, the half-done game launches itself...and freezes permanently at the load screen.

Turn off automatic launch?! That's brilliant, I never thought of that one... :rolleyes: The game still stops at 59%. It shows itself as "Ready to Play". It then freezes when I try to launch the game. There is no option to continue updating because Steam recognizes it as being complete.

Do you have anymore ignorant assumptions/assertions to share?

WickedAngel said:

You're a fool in trying to alleviate responsibility. So what if they don't code the games? The games aren't released until they say so. If a shitty product with their name makes it to market, it's because EA allowed it.

Your analogy managed to make you look even more idiotic (If that is possible). If EA was more lenient then problems like those wouldn't arise. Putting an employee into overdrive isn't getting results; in fact, employees are least productive in that kind of situation.

You really think this was necessary? You deserved to be banned. You directly called me an idiot many times over because my opinion is different than yours. I'm an idot many times over, someone else is as bright as a box of black crayons, another guy is pathetic. I know of the "allegations" against EA. Thank you very much. I'm sick of EA hate being in any and all threads even only remotely connected. Glad you could glean so much real knowledge of my real opinion in a light hearted sarcastic piece such as that one. You over-the-top geeks surely impress.

If you still can't get HL2 to work, you are just about the only one. Congratulations. It's God's prize to you for being a fucktard. Don't blame valve.

WickedAngel said:
What a pathetic loyalist you are.

Yes, the half-done game launches itself...and freezes permanently at the load screen.

Turn off automatic launch?! That's brilliant, I never thought of that one... :rolleyes: The game still stops at 59%. It shows itself as "Ready to Play". It then freezes when I try to launch the game. There is no option to continue updating because Steam recognizes it as being complete.

Do you have anymore ignorant assumptions/assertions to share?

Truth hurts, doesn't it, that you're not smart enough to get HL2 working. It shows In your responses.
:rolleyes:

I don't know what 'loyalist' has to do with anything. I'm a loyalist...because I got HL2 to work.....OK makes perfect sense. Guess you just learned that word or something.

Edit: look at your tread you started about your problem.

wow...I dont understand how a thread about the HL2 expansion turned into the biggest flame fest I've read on here in a long time.

Steam has issues, it just does and it doesn't matter if it works for 99% of people if you are in that 1%. My friend couldn't launch anything that used the source engine, it said he needed a directx 9 compatible card. Seeing as he previously finished HL2 on this same computer I'm pretty sure the computer is fine. It took us almost 2 hours of troubleshooting to fix it in the end. He told me later that it froze up while decrypting files but I guess it never tried to finish decrypting them.
EA has alot of bad press, the whole EA spouse thing was pretty bad for them. Not to mention the purchase of rights to football which made ALOT of people mad. EA is pretty bad for putting out software that needs patches and some that are downright unplayable until they get a patch. Unfortunately EA is NOT the only company that is like this it IS the direction the industry has been going for a long time now.

texuspete00 said:
You really think this was necessary? You deserved to be banned.

texuspunk00 said:
Congratulations. It's God's prize to you for being a fucktard.

What a brilliant display of hypocrisy.

Care to continue?

Netrat33 said:
Truth hurts, doesn't it, that you're not smart enough to get HL2 working. It shows In your responses.

Since when has the ability to launch a half-finished/shoddy piece of software had any correlation to intelligence? :rolleyes:

Netrat33 said:
I don't know what 'loyalist' has to do with anything. I'm a loyalist...because I got HL2 to work.....OK makes perfect sense. Guess you just learned that word or something.

I'm aware that you don't know words such as loyalist, but I'll try to explain it to you;

You're a loyalist because you blindly defend a company that has made it unnecessarily difficult to have access to programs that have been purchased.

It's not hypocrisy smart one. I say you shouldn't punch people in the face as a general rule, after you have been punched in the face, anything goes. You showed me my "idiocy on the subject", I then proved to be even more idiotic (if that was even possible you said, guess I pulled off a modern miracle?). Who in the right mind would be kind to you? I never even addressed you before your rant.

I'll be more polite now, Mr. Fucktard, you'll note the guy I disagreed with in my post was not called an idiot twice, nor some other recycled crayon shit you used on another. How many times you used that one, sir fucktard?

texuspete00 said:
How many times you used that one, sir fucktard?

I certainly didn't use it nearly as much as you used the "fucktard" insult (Which is, for the record, about the lamest internet insult ever created. It ranks up there with "asshat" in sheer stupidity).

WickedAngel said:
Since when has the ability to launch a half-finished/shoddy piece of software had any correlation to intelligence? :rolleyes:
It's so sad how ignorant you are and can't even see it. It's works. Like steam or not..it works. YOU can't get it to work is YOUR problem. WELCOME to the WORLD of computers folks. Windows crashes on some people. Poo on microsoft Firefox has just as many security issues as IE. Poo on mozilla. Your router doesn't work right away. Poo on Belkin. Are they solveable! Yes! If it's so half assed no one would ever be able play it :rolleyes:

I'm aware that you don't know words such as loyalist, but I'll try to explain it to you;

You're a loyalist because you blindly defend a company that has made it unnecessarily difficult to have access to programs that have been purchased.

Your an idiot. Never have I said I liked Steam. Matter a fact I hate it. But does it work: Yes.
ryanrule stated how it must be just you because lots of people got it to work. You said you can't get it to work on 3 computers. HELLO. It's YOU. Because like steam or not, people got it to work.

You're "I'm aware that you don't know words...." retort (in the loosest sense)...Um...am I arguing with Peewee Herman?! I know you are but what am ? I know you are but what am I? Check your freakin thread you started about your HL2 problems. Then actually CHECK steam FAQs or even THEIR forums for help mister Brightness.

You do realize what straw-man logic is, right Netrat?

It works for you. It works for ryanmule. That doesn't mean that Steam works for everyone! What part of this do you not understand? Is it so hard to comprehend? The fact that it doesn't work for someone else doesn't make them wrong.

Should I link you to the Steam forums? I suppose everyone there is completely in the wrong as well.

You've got some of the dumbest logic on the internet.

You liked it so much I just wanted to be sure I addressed you properly. If you can't see anything severely wrong with post #42 of yours, then YOU sir are the fool.

I will now play "the quoting" game. My initial feedback from you included (this is pretty much every other sentence here):

"Sorry, but your sarcasm only serves to underline your idiocy on the subject"
"Pull your head out of your ass."
"You're a fool in trying to alleviate responsibility"
"Your analogy managed to make you look even more idiotic (If that is possible)."

Right before your crayon rants and crap on others. You deserve all the shit you get, and absolutely no help to play HL2 from anyone. What if this unasked for crap is what you got in your HL2 thread?

WickedAngel said:
You do realize what straw-man logic is, right Netrat?

It works for you. It works for ryanmule. That doesn't mean that Steam works for everyone! What part of this do you not understand?

Should I link you to the Steam forums? I suppose everyone there is completely in the wrong as well.

You've got some of the dumbest logic on the internet.

I know what straw-man logic is. The problem is that most users don't know what they are doing and bitch and whine without really looking for answers (user error!). You got the game working before right? So apparently it WAS working for you. Did something change between now and then? I'm sure something did. Did you REALLY look for answers? And forums aren't exactly the source for your facts when it comes to "people not getting steam to work" I mean really: HOW often do people who DO get steam working come back and update their thread saying "Got it fixed" Or My problem was I was running a 486 oops.

I even tried posting some possible answers for you.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=932485

I'm not sure what's funnier: the lamest flamewar I've ever seen or the fact that the thread starter used a pretty misleading thread title.

They're both forum pet peeves of mine, but at least the flamewar can be entertaining. It's pretty minor, but I find it annoying when someone creates a thread with a declarative statement as the subject, yet the actual post is just a question they don't have an answer to.

And it's not like they're trying to pull one over on anyone. They just don't understand the difference between "Half life 3 Underway Coming soon" and "Half life 3 Underway Coming soon?" It's a pretty big difference. Just a bit of a pet peeve of mine, and I figured I'd mention it to try and derail the pointless flaming going on.

Cardboard Hammer said:
That's always good for a lol.

:p Isn't it though?

Perhaps we should use their logic throughout life. I (And many other people here) have a healthy body... Why don't we go to a cancer rally and slam all those people because they obviously didn't use their bodies right?

WickedAngel said:

Perhaps we should use their logic throughout life. I (And many other people here) have a healthy body... Why don't we go to a cancer rally and slam all those people because they obviously didn't use their bodies right?
Well some of them dont lol.

Your logic seems more faulty to me. "I cant get steam to work so steam is teh suxorszz!! and valve is teh craporz and teh lose !11!1!"

WickedAngel said:

*staring at you in disbelief*

WickedAngel said:
133, I'll try that again when I get home. Thank you (I've disabled AU before, but I forgot about clientregistry.blob).
From your thread right here
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=932485

MEANING YOU DIDN'T TRY EVERYTHING! SO IT'S YOU! HOLY CRAP. YOU'RE (heh oops) an IDIOT!

Am I going to feel sorry for someone who has cancer brought upon themselves? NO! Lung cancer from smoking? Skin cancer from too much sun unprotected? Curable cancer that they don't fight to make themselves better? NO! My aunt currently has cancer and didn't want to fight it. So what sit back and be ok and feel sorry for her? No we all told her to do something about it and supporting her.

Your computer is like your cancer and you HAVN'T done everything as you already posted. So you want to bitch and whine about Valve and steam when you haven't even done everything yet. You come here instead of Steam FAQs which have a LOT of scenerios that might hinder people.

Dijonase said:
I'm not sure what's funnier: the lamest flamewar I've ever seen or the fact that the thread starter used a pretty misleading thread title.

I sure as hell could see funny. Alot of them sound "lame" from the outside. I'd be careful to call them that though. I've been there on the outside. Somethng happens though when you personally get called names... makes since it's called pushing buttons. I think you have not been called stupid in 4 some ways out of no where before or forgotten what it feels like. When you can make mulitple people despise you in one thread, you're doing something wrong. Oh well, can't reason with him. A pick on grammar turned into some cancer randomness. My analogies are flawed he says. :rolleyes:

I think what WickedAngel was getting at was simply the fact that he really shouldn't have to "cure" the cancer.

I myself have had many instances in which Steam has failed to function correctly for reasons that were far beyond my control. I've worked with a great abundance of games in the past and it is rare that I ever really have any problems with them but with Steam this wasn't the case.

It is WickedAngel's responsibility to remedy these problems when they come about, but the fact that they are occuring is beyond his control (sometimes).

It's his job to fix the problem once it arises; it's Valve's job to ensure the problem never occurs in the first place. IMO.

Adam.

Do you have any reading comprehension whatsoever?

Let me quote myself. I'll underline the important part.

WickedAngel said:
133, I'll try that again when I get home.

WickedAngel said:
Do you have any reading comprehension whatsoever?

Let me quote myself. I'll underline the important part.

actually, you left this part out.
"133, I'll try that again when I get home. Thank you (I've disabled AU before, but I forgot about clientregistry.blob)."

i think the underlined part is the important part...

I have never, not once, ever had a single problem with steam. Let me repeat not once.

Not when it first came out, not when half life 2 was first relesead and not now.

I dont understand how so many people can claim to have so many problems.

Michael.R said:
I have never, not once, ever had a single problem with steam. Let me repeat not once.

Not when it first came out, not when half life 2 was first relesead and not now.

I dont understand how so many people can claim to have so many problems.

Just because it works perfectly for you doesn't exactly mean that everyone around you is going to have the same experience. If Steam suddenly failed to work properly at this very point in time, for seemingly no reason, wouldn't you be somewhat perplexed?

I've been in that boat.

It was a very aggravating procedure to properly identify the problem and return Steam to a working state.

These problems can happen to anyone, and are caused by factors other than the end -user. Search Steam's support page; there are hundreds and hundreds of issues that Steam addresses in that page alone. I know for a fact that it doesn't cover them all.

I'm not saying it's never the end user; I'm simply saying it isn't always the end user.

Adam.

Who cares? Works for most of us, most of us have established it's just not worth helping this guy. Several comments like user error probably wouldn't have been made if this person weren't a social psychopath but who gives a shit now? Current thread has a huge population of 1 interesting character who has a problem with this game right now. Guess it's time we talk about the expansion.

That post #42 was really worthy of Masterpiece Flaming theater. Really showed how to hit below the belt and demean people.... two at once even! The flame per sentence was also through the roof. I mean this seriously. *Golf Clap* Be nice if ya saved it for people who had it coming to 'em. :eek:

texuspete00 said:
Who cares? Works for most of us, most of us have established it's just not worth helping this guy. Several comments like user error probably wouldn't have been made if this person weren't a social psychopath but who gives a shit now? Guess it's time we talk about the expansion.

totally man. this has been one entertaining thread though...

texuspete00 said:
Who cares? Works for most of us, most of us have established it's just not worth helping this guy. Several comments like user error probably wouldn't have been made if this person weren't a social psychopath but who gives a shit now? Current thread has a huge population of 1 interesting character who has a problem with this game right now. Guess it's time we talk about the expansion.

I'm not defending any of his comments; they were uncalled for. Yours are fast approaching the same classification.

I'm refuting the common misunderstanding that "because it works for me, it should work for everyone else." Valve's software, in terms of bugs, IMO, doesn't raise the bar. It doesn't even meet the norm, as far as I'm concerned. Steam has way too many issues; I commend Valve for taking a shot at this type of software distribution, but it either needs to be done better in the future, or abandoned all together. The source engine is brilliantly done and the driving force behind an absolutely captivating game, but Steam is not very cooperative software.

Just my two cents.

Adam.

phoderpants said:
actually, you left this part out.
"133, I'll try that again when I get home. Thank you (I've disabled AU before, but I forgot about clientregistry.blob)."

i think the underlined part is the important part...

"Forgot about"...which means I was aware of it when I tried to fix the game the first few times. I forgot about it the third time that I was trouble-shooting. Guess what? The download still stops at 59%.

texuspete00 said:
That post #42 was really worthy of Masterpiece Flaming theater. Really showed how to hit below the belt and demean people.... two at once even! The flame per sentence was also through the roof. I mean this seriously. *Golf Clap* Be nice if ya saved it for people who had it coming to 'em.

Wow. Playing the innocence card? Do we really need to revisit your first post in this thread towards me (You know, the one that was rife with condescending sarcasm)?

Michael R. said:

I have never, not once, ever had a single problem with my car. Let me repeat not once.

Does that mean that cars never break down?

I have never, not once, ever had a single instance of my bones breaking.

Does that mean that bones are indestructible?

I have never, not once, ever had a single problem with my eyesight.

Does that mean that vision never goes bad?

Is it necessary that I continue this or do you get the picture? People have problems all the time with things that other people never have to deal with. I have a problem with ignorant people...texuspete has a problem with forming coherent thoughts without hypocrisy, and you don't seem to understand that people aren't always responsible for the problems they encounter.

To the owner of a red minivan you left your lights on in the handicapped spot.

WickedAngel said:
"Forgot about"...which means I was aware of it when I tried to fix the game the first few times. I forgot about it the third time that I was trouble-shooting. Guess what? The download still stops at 59%.

i feel for ya baby...come 'ere. someone needs a hug!

phoderpants said:
...random stupidity

So you alleviate your previous foolishness by making an even bigger ass of yourself? Congratulations on being the most intellectually inept person on the internet.

Wicked, end it. Stop prolonging this shit. Fancy up your grammar all you want, you're still being as much much of an ass as them. So STOP it already.

WickedAngel said:
So you alleviate your previous foolishness by making an even bigger ass of yourself? Congratulations on being the most intellectually inept person on the internet.

honesly, i love to make an ass of myself. it's pretty fun.

although, i believe (and i think there are a lot of people that have been watching this thread that would agree with me) that you have done a Much better job today of accomplishing that same mission than i have. :D

::edited for smiley effect::

Everyone Shut the fck up.

If HL2 doesnt work for you, its a user error. PERIOD. Steam does NOT have a brain, and it doesnt decide who it wants to work for and who it wants to freeze on.

THE FCKING END.

Converge said:
If HL2 doesnt work for you, its a user error. PERIOD. Steam does NOT have a brain, and it doesnt decide who it wants to work for and who it wants to freeze on.

How dense can you people get? Honestly, you should stop typing now. Any more multi-tasking and your brain is going to completely shut down.

WickedAngel said:
How fucking dense can you people get? Honestly, you should stop typing now. Any more multi-tasking and your brain is going to completely shut down.

ahahahahahahaha!
this guy never lets up! it's so great!

---and now he will respond with something like "omg, you are the most illogical of all entities on the innertent!"

Back