Half-Life 3 coming 2014?

Please pass the bong stuffed with the stickiest of the icky, but clean the filter first. The "article" didn't mention an iOS version therefore it must be fake.

HL3 has fallen into the same crack that Duke Nukem has in my mind... it's been so long since anything Half life has come out that they have lost a lot of people who really care. I know I sure don't.

Too bad too -- but when valve jumped on the episodic content and then just stopped because they didn't feel like working on it, screw em.

I think at this point that ship has sailed ... there is almost no way a HL3 game could live up to the expectations and Valve would be better served concentrating on their newer franchises and expanding the capabilities of Steam so that more independent developers can use it effectively

Also, we don't really need more graphics engines at this point since there are many competitive offerings available now and that means that a HL3 game would be best served by using one of the new engines from ID or Epic ... and if they are going to do that they might as well just farm out the franchise to another developer anyway, rather than trying to build it in-house ;)

I've always believed that the game would come out in October 2014...no way will it be single player only though...HL3 Deathmatch!

I think at this point that ship has sailed ... there is almost no way a HL3 game could live up to the expectations and Valve would be better served concentrating on their newer franchises and expanding the capabilities of Steam so that more independent developers can use it effectively

Also, we don't really need more graphics engines at this point since there are many competitive offerings available now and that means that a HL3 game would be best served by using one of the new engines from ID or Epic ... and if they are going to do that they might as well just farm out the franchise to another developer anyway, rather than trying to build it in-house ;)

I bet you'd still buy it.

You really think they wouldn't use their source engine?

You really think they would let some other studio develop their most popular franchise?

what?

I'm wondering if they are waiting for the new consoles to come out to do it justice (graphics/physics?) on all the major platforms. Makes a little sense...I guess? If and when its released the only thing you can count on is the internet haters ripping it apart.

You really think they wouldn't use their source engine?

You really think they would let some other studio develop their most popular franchise?

what?

Just a guess really ... the money in engines is in the licensing you get from other companies using them, not from your own original content ... a good engine will provide a revenue stream for 5-10 years ... it is a very competitive business (with many good players) ... not saying they wouldn't want to go there but improving Steam is a much better money making proposition for them ... Steam fees are 30% of every title sold (I don't think engine licensing fees are that high) ... also, as I said they have waited so long to do a sequel it will be very difficult to meet the expectations and failure to do so could do a lot of damage to their brand and the franchise ...

we have had rumors on HL3 for years ... I'll believe them when they put it on their own site for preorder :cool:

I wished they'd picked it up sooner after Ep.2, but I'll probably still jump in when/if it releases.

Yay, another blog site with a high count of key words people search for, pushing rumors for ad revenue.

I stopped caring long ago. Valve isn't a game maker anymore,they're a game seller,Steam is all they care about.

Dont care anymore, send the creative thinkers to a novelist and give us a book, I dont want to play HL anymore, I still kind of care about the story though.

I'm not gonna click, but if Half Life 3 does come out, I will play it for sure.

Well, John Guthrie does work at Valve....
But next e3?? That's a year out. This is as good as nothing.
An announcement to an announcement to an....

Now: "Half-Life 3 coming 2014?"
Next year: "Half-Life 3 coming 2015?"
2015: "Half-Life 3 coming 2016?"
2016: "Half-Life 3 coming 2017?"

And so forth :s

Its valve. They'll do whatever when they want. They have steam. HL3 success is no biggie for them. They are now a publisher more than game dev IMO. Still, one can only hope they have interest in it.

Valve is working on Source 2 engine. (brand new engine) so it's not impossible that it could be released 2014 or 2015 ;)

Half-Life 3 in 2014?

HAHAHA...

HAAAHAHAHAHA...

AAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

STOP, STOP... YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I have been emailing back and fourth with an important insider that I cant name inside valve. He gave me exclusive information (because im so cool) about HL3. He said it will be released sometime in the future.. I have no proof of the emailings and im not going to risk posting screen shots of it here but please click my link below for more information!!

www.LOL-ad-revenue.com/suckers/easymoney.html

I stopped caring long ago. Valve isn't a game maker anymore,they're a game seller,Steam is all they care about.

You mean like that game they apparently didn't make, that seemingly didn't actually have over 410,000 people (and really not growing daily) playing it today at peak?

You mean like that game they apparently didn't make, that seemingly didn't actually have over 410,000 people (and really not growing daily) playing it today at peak?

I honestly don't see how that stupid game is so popular. omg lol pick a lane and kill people and get screamed at by nerds. sounds like a blast. only reason it's played so much is because it's free right now. same reason TF2 is so huge, 2 of the top 3 Steam /played games are F2P.
Civ5 is the other.

Please come to me Half Life 3.

Who cares if it is? It has fallen off the radar at this point. If/when it comes out, I will stick it on my wishlist and wait for the inevitable "A game on your wishlist is on sale" message to pop up. Sooner or later I will pick it up at $10 or less. Again, that's IF it ever comes out.

Different strokes. I hated ME, but I accept that most gamers liked it.

I honestly don't see how that stupid game is so popular. omg lol pick a lane and kill people and get screamed at by nerds. sounds like a blast. only reason it's played so much is because it's free right now. same reason TF2 is so huge, 2 of the top 3 Steam /played games are F2P.
Civ5 is the other.

Please come to me Half Life 3.

Yeah, no.

Like it or not, the skill ceiling is obscenely huge and the amount of depth to the game is ridiculous. It just grew by another 15,000 peak today alone. It's only going to continue to blow up as the international closes in -- expect hundreds of thousands of people watching it.

Yeah, no.

Like it or not, the skill ceiling is obscenely huge and the amount of depth to the game is ridiculous. It just grew by another 15,000 peak today alone. It's only going to continue to blow up as the international closes in -- expect hundreds of thousands of people watching it.

Put me squarely in the 'not' category then. I don't see how that game is fun/popular/interesting at all.

Gaben said himself that Valve is working on at least a heavily modernized engine. I would hope this new engine is like the Source engine in the fact that it not only supports (for its time) good graphics, but also a huge underlying layer of gameplay depth, like how the havoc physics were integrated so closely with source. Imagine if fluid dynamics, intricate material mechanics, or even calculated ballistics were an integral part of the gameplay? I'm excited at the IDEA, but who knows if they will actually do these things.

Back