Half Life 2: Episode 3?

I finally got around to finishing Episode 2 and am aching to play Episode 3 now! Has any one heard anything about when Episode 3 will be released?

Thanks! :D

They're pushing Left 4 Dead pretty hard right now. I'm guessing that once it's released and the holiday season is over, we'll starting hearing more about Episode 3.

The Orange Box was released November 2007, it was about 15 months after Episode 1 if I recall.

I would imagine a release for next fall wouldn't be too far off.

No, Episode 3 is not HL3. It is supposed to be the last part of the HL2 story. There have been rumors of "spin-offs" of all sorts but nothing concrete.

ya i recall hearing (i am sure it was on here) as well there is no Episode 3... Episode 2 was pretty much the end of that part, if any new one comes it will be new with HL3.

I'm patiently waiting for release of the "cheese" box that will have HL1, HL2, Ep1, Ep2, Ep3 and HL3 in it. Wonder how long it will still be?

Thought that I heard Episode 3 would be Half Life 3. :rolleyes:

ya i recall hearing (i am sure it was on here) as well there is no Episode 3... Episode 2 was pretty much the end of that part, if any new one comes it will be new with HL3.

where are you guys getting that because its not true and doesnt even make sense. Valve will make 3 episodes that will end the story arc as they call it. did you guys even play Ep2 becasue you know where Ep3 will pick up from if you did? after Ep3 they will then decide if a HL3 will be made.

I'm patiently waiting for release of the "cheese" box that will have HL1, HL2, Ep1, Ep2, Ep3 and HL3 in it. Wonder how long it will still be?

That will only make my life easier, since I'll keep on NOT buying Valve stuff.

HL 2 Episode 3 is going to be superb. HL3 is going to be incredible. It's going to be interesting to see what direction they take with the story.

HL 2 Episode 3 is going to be superb. HL3 is going to be incredible. It's going to be interesting to see what direction they take with the story.
well Valve hasnt officially confirmed if there will be a HL3 or not. they said that decision will be made after Ep 3. also how do you know that HL 3 would be incredible? :p

Everything I have heard implies we will not be getting HL3. The HL2 episodes are being released instead of HL3. I think they wanted the avoid the nearly decade-long wait between HL2 and HL3. So instead we get new, shorter episodes with wait times we can comfortably measure in months instead of years.

Everything I have heard implies we will not be getting HL3. The HL2 episodes are being released instead of HL3. I think they wanted the avoid the nearly decade-long wait between HL2 and HL3. So instead we get new, shorter episodes with wait times we can comfortably measure in months instead of years.

I think Valve said that back in 2006 but since changed their view. I believe Valve now says the Episodes have NOTHING to do with taking the place of HL3. they have said that Ep 3 will finish up the official story arc from them(whatever that means). they also said that the option to make a HL3 is there after Ep 3 and they would explore that when the time comes.;)

I think Valve said that back in 2006 but since changed their view. I believe Valve now says the Episodes have NOTHING to do with taking the place of HL3. they have said that Ep 3 will finish up the official story arc from them(whatever that means). they also said that the option to make a HL3 is there after Ep 3 and they would explore that when the time comes.;)
Then I think the way I see it is this: the episodes ARE HL3. If they do release something called HL3, in my eyes, it will be HL4.

If they'd not released the HL2 episodes, we'd likely be getting all the story of episodes 1 through 3 and most of the gameplay in a product called HL3 that would be released in, say, 2012, knowing Valve :p

Nince ninja edit, BTW ;)

Then I think the way I see it is this: the episodes ARE HL3. If they do release something called HL3, in my eyes, it will be HL4.

If they'd not released the HL2 episodes, we'd likely be getting all the story of episodes 1 through 3 and most of the gameplay in a product called HL3 that would be released in, say, 2012, knowing Valve :p

Nince ninja edit, BTW ;)
well they are called HL2 episodes so I will just stick to what Valve calls their games. hopefully HL3 will come one day but looking at how long its taking for them to do episodes does not look encouraging. yeah I edited because I didnt have any good links to back up what I was saying. lol. ;)

Back