Half Life 2 : Episode 2

Baker

2[H]4U
Who here plans on getting it?

I personally liked HL2 and HL2EP1 but I know a lot of people that thought EP1 was a waste of money...

I can't wait for EP2... specially after the ending to EP1 :eek:

I'll get the box set that includes Portal and Team Fortress 2, as well as HL2: Ep One because I don't actually have that, either (though I have played it). I think it's the orange box.

I'm super excited for Portal and TF2, and HL2: Ep Two will just add, but I'm not holding my breath knowing Valve and their delays.

Sheer boredom propels me to buy new games nowadays.

However, Valve has never let me down, much. The only thing that I don't like is WAITING!

I'll get the box set that includes Portal and Team Fortress 2, as well as HL2: Ep One because I don't actually have that, either (though I have played it). I think it's the black box.

I'm super excited for Portal and TF2, and HL2: Ep Two will just add, but I'm not holding my breath knowing Valve and their delays.

I have also seen the adds for the bundled package, I'm also really looking forward to TF2 and I don't know much about Portal.

I remember my friend recieved a TF2 pre-order puchase for his birthday when he was like 15... we are both 23 LOL

EP2 will be dope for sure.

While I am very excited over TF2 (Former die-hard Q3F beta1 player), I will be pleasantly surprised if I get to play it during 2007. Considering the new release date is Fall 2007, I'm expecting somewhere around Spring 2008 or later.

I'll probably get EP2, but it's not high on my "must have" list. I'm far more interested in Hellgate London, Crysis, STALKER, BioShock, Alan Wake and World in Conflict.

I'll probably get EP2, but it's not high on my "must have" list. I'm far more interested in Hellgate London, Crysis, STALKER, BioShock, Alan Wake and World in Conflict.

There is not enough time in my life to play all the games I own + the games coming out. Only if I could pull a Max Payne when I play games. :D

No brainer - gotta get it, but I'll probably download from Steam vs retail box.

Yeah, I'm hoping to download as well. I mean I want the package, but I'm pretty sure they'll offer it online. Downloading is the easiest way to go.

Hopefully they release SOMETIME in 2007, but who knows with Valve :(

First day pre order is available thru steam, Ill get it. Cant wait to play it along with TF2 and Portal.

I'll continue buying Valve games until they screw up about five in a row. They've earned my loyalty, time and cash for quite a while. TF2 looks great, Portal looks interesting at the very least and Ep2 is just the next part of a series that I became hooked on years ago with the first HL.

Keep kicking ass Valve and to Gabe Newell, I loved your honesty in the Maximum PC interview.

Thats a really long wait, How big is episode 2 planning to be? as large as the orginal hl2 "campaign"?

I doubt it will be that long. It is, however, *supposed* to be the last part of the Half-Life saga.

I doubt it will be that long. It is, however, *supposed* to be the last part of the Half-Life saga.

The length was recently announced at a likely 8 hours gameplay, some 2-3 longer than ep1.

Could you explain what you mean by the last part of the Half-Life saga...I thought episode 3 would be the last part?

Consider Half-Life 2 to be the first part of the triad, episode 1 is the 2nd part, and episode 2 will be the 3rd and last part. That is what I understand to be the case, at least. I could be wrong, of course, but I hope not. I'm ready for it to end. I'm tired of waiting on Gordon Freeman.

Well I guess that's good. I have no faith that Episode 3, if they do in fact make a 3rd one, will be released within any reasonable amount of time. I will just point out that that article is a 5 days shy of being a year old, and they could have changed their plan in that time.

I'm still tired of waiting on VALVe.

Well I guess that's good. I have no faith that Episode 3, if they do in fact make a 3rd one, will be released within any reasonable amount of time. I will just point out that that article is a 5 days shy of being a year old, and they could have changed their plan in that time.

I'm still tired of waiting on VALVe.

Yeah, I'm not trying to adamantly stand firm on the fact that there will indeed be a third episode, but I thought I had read it somewhere.

I can see them going either way on this.

There will be a third episode, which will wrap up the Half-Life 2, City 17 story arc. Sometime after there is probably going to be a Half-Life 3 that will introduce a whole new story arc, don't know if they'll do episodes with that. I don't have a source for the HL3, but I remember reading an interview with Doug Lombardi that went something like "So episode 3 is the end of Half-Life?" with the answer being "Just the story arc"

Also, episode 2 should be somewhat longer with episode 1, and obviously Portal and TF2 add to the length. I'll probably pick up the orange box (or w/e the one with just the three in it) for the PC and the full box for the 360.

Theres really no reason for them to stop making the Half-Life series... it has a well known name, great story, awsome cast :) , and the ability to really pull you into the story and game.

This is one of those games I see becoming like the Super Bowl.... Half-Life XXVI :D

im going to buy it right when it hits the shelves......in other words, i will be first in line in 2093 when it finally gets released!

im going to buy it right when it hits the shelves......in other words, i will be first in line in 2093 when it finally gets released!

I will probably be dead by then. Mind sending a copy of DNF to my tombstone :p

I'll be pre-loading via steam. I have loved every minute of the half-life games thus far and I see no reason why the high quality will stop now. Plus, I have a rig that can actually run it and high - if not maxed - settings so I'm looking forward to some nice eye candy too.

So the Portol gun is going to be the only new gun in HL2:EP2?? How is this gonna work... are there gonna be dedicated walls you can warp through, or can you warp through all walls... :confused:

First day pre order is available thru steam, Ill get it. Cant wait to play it along with TF2 and Portal.

++

considering how much cheaper it was than hl2 i thought EP1 was a rather decent deal (though not if i paid the mark up the local shops wanted for the boxed version)

Back