Half-life 2 early release?

MuadDib420

Weaksauce
buy.com is showing a release date for half-life 2 on november 2nd instead of the "official" release of the 16th. does that mean steam pre-loaders like myself can get it then you think?
;)

The chances are that they just haven't updated their release dates since the gold status was announced. Prior to that, pretty much every online retailer had it listed as November 2.

Bane said:
The chances are that they just haven't updated their release dates since the gold status was announced. Prior to that, pretty much every online retailer had it listed as November 2.
yep, some places still list the release as dec. 31, they just don't update enough.

People with the coupon should get it early. As in now. It says its locked and ready to play.. ugh.

I am willing to bet that we will be playing this game before the 16th.

1. They (VUGames) have updated their site with a release date of 11/15

2. In a quote by VALVe (which I can't seem to locate at the moment) they stated that if the release date is broken, by a retailer or otherwise, they will immediately unlock it via Steam...

Call it wishful thinking, considering I purchased the Silver package via Steam 2 weeks ago... :D

aBSoLuT_0 said:
2. In a quote by VALVe (which I can't seem to locate at the moment) they stated that if the release date is broken, by a retailer or otherwise, they will immediately unlock it via Steam...[/I]

So wait, if that quote is true and somebody just screwed up and released it early, Valve would release all of them on steam?

Attention all bestbuy/gamestop/other retailer workers! Release early! Forget about impending lawsuits and let gamers embrace what is Half life 2.

:D jk

DSC00306.JPG

Likely someone printed off the boxart and it's a fake.

:Edit: Actually, now that I look closely at it, I think it's photochopped. :Edit:

It doesn't look fake to me, but then again I am not a photo expert. I believe it would be easy to obtain the game early if it has gone gold... could be a friend of a developer or a retail warehouse or something that has recieved some copies of the game. However, it doesn't look fake to me. The game will probably be released by some warez group soon, they always do.

Some people don't realize.

Valve is already in a legal battle with Vivendi.

If valve released HL2 a substantial time before vivendi got it in retail stores you could bet your ass that Vivendi's lawyers would be all over valve in court and have a pretty damn good reason to.

Releasing hl2 early would cut into the retail sales of hl2.

I'm pretty certain that vivendi damn well had it in their contract that valve couldn't release hl2 earlier then they are able to get it in retail stores.

The downloaded version will not be made playable until the box hits the shelves. Period.

That's why I have been laughing at everybody that's gotten excited each time another preload chunk was made available.

t. shuffle said:
The downloaded version will not be made playable until the box hits the shelves. Period.

That's why I have been laughing at everybody that's gotten excited each time another preload chunk was made available.

eh, we'll still be playing at 12:01am, before the box guys.

it wont matter, there are essential files that we won't get through steam until release. just likle it was with CS:S.

Back