Half Life 2 by Metahedron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the clamps look fine except for the one at the mouse end, looks like it could get in the way etc. Maybe using some heat shrink on it?

The mouse operates considerably well; there is no requirement for any further resolution.
I am currently designing a method by which the combine is to articulate and reveal an in-bay monitor. I was planning to paint the combine segments of the case an anodized blue with much emulative damge. The only difficulties I have recently encountered have much to do with the material for which I am to build the combine and citadel structures. I was considering styrene, as it is an apparent success in Crimson Sky's Doom III case, but I was looking in the direction of metals. Any suggestions to speak of?

Cost is of the essence

Metahedronox said:
The mouse operates considerably well-there is no requirement for an further resolution.

[OT]You really should stop. :rolleyes:

[Back on topic] For the metal for a roll-up door, you can buy thin tin and aluminum flashing in the roofing section of any hardware store. The small sheets are thin, light, easy to work with and by adding some thin metal rods, you could easily create piano-type hinges to connect your segments.

[nCn]Preacher said:
[OT]You really should stop. :rolleyes:
Sorry, I am unaware of what you are addressing.
[nCn]Preacher said:
[Back on topic] For the metal for a roll-up door, you can buy thin tin and aluminum flashing in the roofing section of any hardware store. The small sheets are thin, light, easy to work with and by adding some thin metal rods, you could easily create piano-type hinges to connect your segments.
Well, I doubt I will be able to create any sort of "roll-up" door. My plans are to create a replica of the combine that will slide or hinge open in order for one to view the monitor.
More particularly I was looking for an inexpensive material for which to construct the combine.

Any recommendations for blue metallic paints?
I require a paint that is mirroresque and I do not believe any anodized paints will do.

Metahedronox said:
Sorry, I am unaware of what you are addressing.
Well, I doubt I will be able to create any sort of "roll-up" door. My plans are to create a replica of the combine that will slide or hinge open in order for one to view the monitor.
More particularly I was looking for an inexpensive material for which to construct the combine.
Don't quite me on this, but I believe he was just talking about using flashing, which is a rollable sheet metal. He was just suggesting it as it's very easy to form and work with, and not terribly expensive.

Adisharr said:
Remind me to check back after another 20 pages for another pic lol :D

yeah, really *snort*

:rolleyes: even firefox can't find that much of a worklog here. it was for exactly this reason that i closed down my "mac se mod" thread- i could see that it was going to be months if not years before i had either time or money to do that mod, and i didn't want the thread to suffer the weight of all that idle chatter inbetween.

Hello, Meta,

Check into Car Touchup paints. I found some plastikote that really had a good look to it.

apHytHiaTe said:
Check into Car Touchup paints. I found some plastikote that really had a good look to it.
Thank you, I shall soon approach an automobile store.

I am additionally looking to purchase water cooling directly before this winter break...
Any recommendations for water blocks?
It must cool an A64-FX CPU and possibly an X800/50 XT VGA
Would a single fan heater core be sufficient for this?

I'd either go with a two fan rad of get two radiators for something like that. Also you should get the rad that rad from Autozone (or equal auto parts store) and save like $10 on it.
Ask for a 1986 Chevy Chevette Heatercore (Fedco part number 2-161 or GDI part number 399069) but you'll have to do some work on it to make it compatiable with a WC setup.
http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=228&p=647

Certainly an intruiging article...
Thank you for the advice; Unfortunately I don't imagine an aproximate $8 dollars savings and eons of frustrating work is honestly the direction I will ultimately consider for the radiator alone. I have made plans to use no only two radiators, but use a split Y paralell current in order to utilize water cooling capabilities.

pump> :Y:> Radiator#1 / #2>Reservoir #1 / #2> CPU / VGA>Chipset> :Y:>pump

any suggestions for modification?

So, you're planning on having one line cool just the CPU, and the other line cool just the VGA, or are you going to introduce the northbridge in there as well? Also, you plan on having a res in there, or just a bled/sealed loop?

uzor said:
So, you're planning on having one line cool just the CPU, and the other line cool just the VGA, or are you going to introduce the northbridge in there as well? Also, you plan on having a res in there, or just a bled/sealed loop?
Sorry, forgot the res... It is going to be second to the radiators in order, and there certainly will be two!

Muderously Uncanny!!! My dremel has burstl!!!

dremelfailure.gif

I suppose I am glad you are concerned for my hand, lungs, and dremel?
Mind you--all appear to be extensively damaged and possibly dead

meta... it's not your lungs or hand we're concerned about, it's a different body part ;)

...i'll let someone ruder than i tell exactly which part i mean...

:rolleyes: as for the dremel, big woop, go to wal*mart, get another. it's not like you're gonna hold a funeral over a flacking hobby tool the size of a pill sorter.

now: more modding!! you were just getting to the good part... the actual work itself...

I've purchased several copper pieces for the plumbing
FScopper.gif

There is merely a fraction of the full quantity pictured here

Snore...............................................................................

themark said:
Snore...............................................................................
I apologize for the incredibly insignificant update, but would you prefer I neglect the Hard Forums altogether? I receive nothing but severely extraneous and often insulting replys with only an ocasional contribution.

Metro, the reason you've been getting lots of negative feedback is because rather than just posting a finished mod, you're posting a worklog, and worklogs are about process. People want to see how it goes together. When you have 7~8 pages of higher vocabulary jousting, and little to show for actual physical effort, people get impatient. You have to admit that you've given the viewers here very little to go on other than your word that you're going to do a killer mod. No sketches, no pics of a gutted case ready to go. You did post a poorly photoshopped dremel with heavy blue filtering that suggests you had an explosion, but no pics of how it actually blew, or what you were doing to make it blow up (if it actually did). How helpful is that? We can't suggest anything either. And If you want sympathy and help, I suggest you stop talking to us all like you're involved in some grand unveiling that we lesser beings are having revealed to us in tantalizing droplets. Be helpful, be humble, show your mistakes as well as your triumphs and people will follow along. Treat us as vocubularily challenged and we'll turn on you. And above all, post when you have something to show, otherwise don't. If you don't have the time or money to do your mod, pull it off the board until you do. Others have... it's called respect for your audience.

don't be a dick head. and for fucks sake call him metahedronox, or meta or something at least loosely related to his user name

Edit: pm sent 'themark'

themark said:
Metro, the reason you've been getting lots of negative feedback is because rather than just posting a finished mod, you're posting a worklog, and worklogs are about process.
Which is why most of the worklog is filled with ass hats commenting on his proper english. :rolleyes: BTW great thread crap.

DaMiEn said:
don't be a dick head. and for fucks sake call him metahedronox, or meta or something at least loosely related to his user name
QFT

Metahedronox said:
I apologize for the incredibly insignificant update, but would you prefer I neglect the Hard Forums altogether? I receive nothing but severely extraneous and often insulting replys with only an ocasional contribution.
That is because most people expect to see progressive updates during a worklog. Not progressive purchases.

Wow this took another turn for the worst.

So far the front layout looks good Meta, keep it up.

Has anyone recognition for the fact that each diversion slowly becomes an entire page?
Propogating page upon page!

If any merciful moderator is to approach this thread...
Just hastely murder it!

I will entirely recreate this thread, but this aimless criticism mustn't continue.

DaMiEn said:

DaMiEn, I'm not trying to be a dickhead, did you actually read my post? I asked him to share more, because people (including me) want to know more about what he's doing, or has planned. The idea for a plumbed interior sounds awesome, but I wish Metahedronox would explain it a little more so I know what to expect. Also, as for the Dremel, I too had problems with one, but I cannot help him with advice if he doesn't tell us what happened. And if you'll read the rest of the thread, you'll see that I am not the only one having this opinion.

Metahedronox, don't kill your thread, just get on with it. Clearly, there are people here who are interested in what you want to do. Give us something to chew on. And, I made some comments in my previous post that I was hoping you'd consider and reply to. Please do.

This is supposed to be a worklog, and from what I can see in the past 34 days since you started this you appear to have accomplished about 2 hours work.

Furthermore you appear to be attempting to impress people with the extent of your knowledge of the English language, and yet everything you type is full of grammatical errors and words used either in the wrong context or completely out of place. I have a sneaking suspicion you are typing what you want to post into a thesaurus word by word and then replacing each word with the option that has the most letters, regardless of context.

If this is a worklog, lets see the work

if its a crass attempt to get a bit of attention, just grow up and stop being a troll.

God... what has this place come to… You accuse Meta of being a troll?

Who cares why he uses big words, who cares if he is grammatically (in)correct, who cares WHO CARES? His writing has been mentioned over and over. Thank you captain obvious for pointing it out yet again.

This is his work-log. He works when he can and he will update when he can. If you can't deal with that, then LEAVE THE THREAD. And all of you complaining that this is a work-log and should be used as such, your replies should be on his WORK, not commenting on his writing for the 50th time.

My god people.... grow up or go find something else to do in your lives rather than rant on and on about how you can’t deal with this hellish thread with horrible writing and no work! Grow up.

As for Meta, don't let these fools get the best of you. Keep up the good work at your own pace. Good luck :)

My point is that there is no work, no sketches, no plans, or anything for anyone to comment on in the 34 days since it was started. Just a load of meaningless drivel, and what looks like a poor attempt by the OP to claim he is more intelligent than anyone reading it, which is insulting, especially to the people on this section of the site that have produced some really impressive mods, without the need to insult the intelligence of the reader.

As for the language, if he really did think and speak like that, you would think that the words would be used in the correct context.

It just smacks of an attempt to associate with the talented modders out there without actually producing anything of consequence.

Maybe I'm wrong, and this will turn out to be an awesome mod. But on the strength of the first 34 days work, I'm highly sceptical.

I see your point, but it has been mentioned numerous times. We don't need another thread crap to bring it up again. As for his language, once again, who cares? I don't care. It is obvious that Meta doesn't care. He hasn't and isn't going to change his writing style just to please a couple of grumpy trolls. If his mod turns out bad, or if he never finishes it, then the thread will die and drown in the pool of the other thousands of dead threads and you will never have to read his writing again.

I'm not saying give the guy a break because I think it will turn out awesome, I don't know how it will turn out until I see more. I am just saying that shitting on his thread every day isn't going to help anything. If his thread never amounts to anything, it will just go away and no longer make people like you upset. If he does a good job, people will comment on his skills and his awesome mod will be up for everyone to see.

There is no point in all these people getting all upset because they can't bear to read Meta's writing, or can't stand having to wait for Meta to be ready to see updates.

ErrOnReq said:
As for Meta, don't let these fools get the best of you. Keep up the good work at your own pace. Good luck :)

Quoted for truth.

In the words of U2: Dont let the bastards grind you down.

It appears as those eons upon eons had arrived and departed as I awaited the arrival of my watercooling parts... Much too familiar(Half-Life 2)...
But you'll never guess what approached my doorstep this afternoon!
packagearrival.gif

Did you ever expect this package to contain such a quantity?
pakkagearrival2.gif

Though a sumptuous arrival, truthfully I await several more packages.

I still request that this thread be eliminated!
How do you expect me to consider your post if you: address me incorrectly, extrapolate upon prejudices, deficate upon my thread, as well as demand more of me than I am currently capable? Why offer yourself such an authority as to make remarks in my direction of this beligerent accusatory nature? It will not achieve anything, I can assure you of that!
Kill this thread!

This does not suggest that I will discontinue my project; I only wish to create a new thread... and disregard your trivial display of obscenity.

Give one of the Mods a PM and ask them about closing the thread. Nice package BTW. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back