Half Life 2 Aftermath name changed to Half-Life 2: Episode One.

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Yeap its true, Valve are doing something to what SiN Episodes Team does.

"Valve Software has revealed to GameSpot that Aftermath, the upcoming expansion pack to the award-winning 2004 shooter Half-Life 2, has been renamed "Half-Life 2: Episode One."

Full info here

Personaly I dont like this because there wont be a retail version of it.

If the expansion is called Episode One, what does that make half-life 2? the prequel to half life 2: episode one? but wouldnt that make it half-life 1? Im confused :(

Naldo said:
If the expansion is called Episode One, what does that make half-life 2? the prequel to half life 2: episode one? but wouldnt that make it half-life 1? Im confused :(

Episode Zero, duh :p

I was dissapointeed vALVE didnt do what they did with hl1

hl1 demo wasnt exactly a smaple from game, it was called "half life: day one"
and it was an episode before hl1 begun

i think valve is doing that now, but in reverse, making the hl2 game, and adding on episodes

think of HL2 as the main movie, and episode1 as the first season of the show ;)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Valve has always said that they were no longer publishing games except on Steam.

I'm pretty sure it was going retail, with EA handling the publishing.

kohan69 said:
i think valve is doing that now, but in reverse, making the hl2 game, and adding on episodes

think of HL2 as the main movie, and episode1 as the first season of the show ;)
That's what I hate I wish they just make it Retail or a Full Game on steam not by episodes because you have to wait for teh next one which is just plain stupid.

Also yes I dont mind teh name is changed, just which they give it to us Fully completed once its released.

They had better put it in retail because downloading it is out of the question. Dial up for the lose.

I never played the HL1 Demo, It takes place before the game starts actually?. Anyone got a link for it?. How long is it?

Those of you citing online game retailers really need to rethink your position...they will list anything that even has the slightest possibility of coming out so that they can take preorders (Which make their quarterly gains look really good, despite not having sold anything).

ZX6Master said:
Those of you citing online game retailers really need to rethink your position...they will list anything that even has the slightest possibility of coming out so that they can take preorders (Which make their quarterly gains look really good, despite not having sold anything).

lol, I remember putting $10 dollars down on DNF years ago at babbages, I dont even think the place exist anymore.

Back