Half Life 2 + 360 controller

malmeid2

n00b
I've been playing shooters with a controller since Goldeneye 007 (N64). I feel more comfortable with a controller (I know, I've heard it all, mouse = superior, etc). Anyways, I looked in the options for HL2 and it didn't have an option for full use of a controller (I have a MadCatz Xbox 360 controller installed for use on Windows XP). Couldn't find any mods on the internet. A little help anyone? Thanks in advance.

If there is any kind of windows based setup for the joypad (shudders) you could bind the buttons to the keystrokes required for each action.

try the XBCD drivers for the controller, and I know theres a half life 2 config out there for an xbox controller, I've seen it somewhere. can't remember where though, sorry.

If there is any kind of windows based setup for the joypad (shudders) you could bind the buttons to the keystrokes required for each action.

Depends on the drivers Ive only seen one gamepad that could do this. Movement with the analog sucked ever more than if i were playing it on a console though.

Pinnacle actually costs money after 30 days do dont bother. Its also a pain in the ass to configure if you want your own setups. It comes with stock ones that arent very good.
Gamepad In Source
That should do it for ya. I tried it in CSS and it works great with my 360 controller. Although I did get pwned pretty hard. So touch up on your skills before you go online.
-Fo Sho

If you have an XBox 360 controller (USB), all you need is a driver download from M$.
If you have a wireless XBox 360 Controller you need to buy a wireless receiver for Windows (about $30 bucks) and download a driver from M$.

That is really about it.
You may have to bind the buttons from within control options of the game but that is really all you have to do.

Good Luck

D.

Both of the analog joysticks wont work though. Thats why hes posting. You need some cfg tweaks etc, and all that is done by downloading the Valve file in the link above.

Use cfg file and then use control MK for controls that don't work. Very good program and very easy to set up.

Well if you have a 360 or a ps3 its comming to those platforms soon. Its going to include Half Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2, Portal, and TF2.

Back