Oct 9, 2004 #1 K KevC Supreme [H]ardness Joined Oct 21, 2001 Messages 6,365 Are there any decent ones out there? The best one I see offered locally is a 9200SE
Oct 9, 2004 #2 L Lazier_Said Gawd Joined May 20, 2002 Messages 634 Decent, no. Better than a R9200, yes. http://www.power-color.com/r96le-c3.htm
Oct 9, 2004 #3 Z ZenOps 2[H]4U Joined Jun 11, 2000 Messages 2,914 Radeon 9550 is nice too, slighly slower than a 9600 but very reasonably priced $79 Cdn, I know how hard it can be to find stuff in Canada (no Newegg here) http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12706&vpn=R9550-V&manufacture=ABit&promoid=1051 Note too the new version of the old Soundblaster Live (now updated to 24-bit/96khz) is selling for like $30. http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12840&vpn=SB0410&manufacture=Creative Labs&promoid=1051
Radeon 9550 is nice too, slighly slower than a 9600 but very reasonably priced $79 Cdn, I know how hard it can be to find stuff in Canada (no Newegg here) http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12706&vpn=R9550-V&manufacture=ABit&promoid=1051 Note too the new version of the old Soundblaster Live (now updated to 24-bit/96khz) is selling for like $30. http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12840&vpn=SB0410&manufacture=Creative Labs&promoid=1051
Oct 9, 2004 #4 K KevC Supreme [H]ardness Joined Oct 21, 2001 Messages 6,365 64bit memory interface is sh~t. I'm gonna go with a bigger mATX case and stick full sized cards in there. Thanks.
64bit memory interface is sh~t. I'm gonna go with a bigger mATX case and stick full sized cards in there. Thanks.
Oct 9, 2004 #5 Z ZenOps 2[H]4U Joined Jun 11, 2000 Messages 2,914 The 9550 (not SE) has 128-bit memory interface.
Oct 10, 2004 #7 E Elledan [H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2010 Joined Oct 18, 2001 Messages 15,913 The Club-3D 9600 SE card can be used both as a full- and half-height card, so there definitely are decent half-height videocards out there.
The Club-3D 9600 SE card can be used both as a full- and half-height card, so there definitely are decent half-height videocards out there.