So for those in the Chicago area, you would know alot of homes got floods. Our basement had nothing important but we still had about 4-5ft of water come in for a few hours and besides some parts from my Car project (Rear seats and T5 transmission
) nothing was harmed. Although today when we threw out some Tvs since well they got wet and they were just taking up space I gave them to a fellow metal collector and we started talking. One thing led to another and he gave me all the computers he found. I picked up around 6 towers and 2 LCD monitors both 15'. Well the monitors I have no hope but I am sure some internals would be useful down the road.
As for the towers, some were pretty soaked and others not so much. So what would be the parts that would be totally out of the picture to fix? I am currently on the first one and I really do not trust the power supply so I might use my spare 600w for testing. I would also figure Hard drives since water will remain inside the enclosure. So far with the first one apart (AMD socket 462 AGP DDR combo) everything looks good besides the power supply.
So what do you guys think would be a waste of time to dry and test? I know most were probably started after they got wet probably shorting out some parts or the whole thing themselfs.
As for the towers, some were pretty soaked and others not so much. So what would be the parts that would be totally out of the picture to fix? I am currently on the first one and I really do not trust the power supply so I might use my spare 600w for testing. I would also figure Hard drives since water will remain inside the enclosure. So far with the first one apart (AMD socket 462 AGP DDR combo) everything looks good besides the power supply.
So what do you guys think would be a waste of time to dry and test? I know most were probably started after they got wet probably shorting out some parts or the whole thing themselfs.