• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Haha, fridge + case temps = funny

ScArE2100

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
376
The opening to my fridge is right next to the dual 80 intakes on my pc60. Whenever I open the fridge to grab a soda my cpu temp falls from 30*C to 28*C. I just thought this was funny and that I'd share :)
 
2C...joy...


I can do that by cranking my tornado to full RPM, or turning on the window AC unit. Actually...I just looked and I'm idling at 27C with no AC on and my cpu fan on lowest RPM.
 
sounds interestings in theory.You could test it with a small form factor system, prep it with eclectic grease? or whatever that stuff is called that you used to prep the mobo to stop condensation at extreme low temps, but of course you would have to do that to the entire mobo and all the other boards, and i wouldnt recommend keeping the psu in there either, in fact this idea just kinda lost any interest, you would get dam low temps, but there too much work and risk involved, wouldnt been cool to have a mini-fridge case mod, chill your cola and play bf2 at the same time!
 
Back
Top