HAF XB Evo

Psistorm

n00b
Hello all,

Would this HAF XB Evo case be a good fit for extreme air cooling? Noise and such are the least of my worries - I'm looking for a case/test bench with max airflow that won't break the bank. I have a 3930K with an H100i, RIVE, and 3 MSI 780 GTX Lightning's (tri-SLI) which are air cooled. I'm shooting for max stable OC's for gaming, and have no issues running the 780 Lightning's at 100% fans - but I'd like to get a case that will truly allow them to breathe. The HAF XB Evo seemed pretty damn nice since it can be run in test bench mode + with the addition of a good amount of fans for airflow, but I'm not sure if there's any better choices out there? The HAF XB Evo is the "updated" version of the HAF XB and is still the same price at $100. I'd of course add whatever fans were necessary to make it a proper wind tunnel.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks for the help fellow [H] lurkers!

I have this case, I can vouch that it has good air cooling, but since you have that H100, the only place to mount it would be up front and that might cause some restrictions, but it is a great test bench, but for what you are looking for, if you just want a case, there are better options.

I have this case, I can vouch that it has good air cooling, but since you have that H100, the only place to mount it would be up front and that might cause some restrictions, but it is a great test bench, but for what you are looking for, if you just want a case, there are better options.

Sweet, thank you for your input. I'll have to look into the H100i issue, but it looks like this will be the case I'm going with. I always rocked mid and full towers before, but if this thing gets just as good - if not better, air cooling and is smaller + cheaper, then hey, I'm all in.

I'm sure you could do a push/pull with a H100 if your cards aren't too terribly long, not sure how long your cards are. I could only do a push or pull with a H100 and my 760s. It's a sweet case though.

Back