• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HAF X or Xigmatek Elysium

xxdmxx

n00b
2FA
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
59
I'm looking to upgrade my case from a HAF 922 and looking at one of these two cases. I am water cooled with a 240 and 360 radiator and would need them to fit.

I heard the Xigmatek can fit both a 240 and 360 radiator which I like, but I don't like the looks of the case too much.

Has there been a HAF X build with a pedestal or a way to mod the case to fit a 360 and 240 while leaving the hard drive cages on top and bottom?
 
I have the HAF X, upgraded from the 922 and loved it. I have purchased the parts to do a 360 rad for it and after measuring it out, it will fit no problems.

Here is a link to overclockers.net build where a guy put a 360 and a 240 in the HAF X cooling the CPU and 2 465's.
 
clash of ugly plastic gigants? :d

i'd go for something classy and aluminium, like lian li A70f instead
 
That case doesn't have a spot for 360 and 240 radiator as I would need. I would also like a case that can support XL-ATX because I would want 3 way CF/SLI in the future with extra slots open.
 
I would go with the elysium because of its size. It will be easier to work with.
 
I went with the elysium for myself. It's huge, and I love it, though there are small things about it that bug me (only because they would have been easy to take care of if Xigmatek had thought things through).
 
I am thinking about this three cases below. HAF-X looks better I think but xigmatec also has nice look reminding me of Dead Space. Thing is that I need more space and xigmatek has PLENTY so I probably go with it. Antec has one disadvantage which are this 5.25 bay railing covers which might be in the way of using it and I don't like that.

2dhb2o8.jpg
 
Elysium.
Microcenter has them on special for $171 (vs $212 on NewEgg).
 
Just picked up a HAF X myself, and I love it. But if all things were equal I would have considered the Elysium as well, it is a beast.
 
Back
Top