Had to watch about a dozen videos and message boards on how to tweak Win8

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Getting rid of the lock screen making the internet faster by going into Run booting right to the desktop skipping Metro getting gadgets back on the desktop pinning stuff to the Metro.
Pinning stuff simply to the desktop =)

Just a pain I can see how the average user wouldn't think too highly of this OS

But it's fun to play around with just trying to figure stuff out....

I was worried I would need a Solid state Drive at first it was so sluggish.

Should have posted your questions right here! The [H]ard|Forum would have had you squared away in no time!:D

I heard you could actually purchase a tweak called "Start 8" for roughly 5 bucks and it gets rid of the metro ui completely if you wanted too. I might get around to it, but I figure I would just stick with windows 7 for now since it already does that and quite frankly I don't really see a reason to upgrade anyways.

I noticed I get less FPS in planetside 2 and it loads slower in Windows 8 then in 7 the Desktop loads slow too. I figure it's just a matter of time until windows 8 it plays catch-up.

Windows 8 is fun to use though it's really different experience it's not so much in the Box.

My Windows experience rating went up .1 percent for my processor from 7.4 to 7.5 from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

I noticed I get less FPS in planetside 2 and it loads slower in Windows 8 then in 7 the Desktop loads slow too. I figure it's just a matter of time until windows 8 it plays catch-up.

Windows 8 is fun to use though it's really different experience it's not so much in the Box.

My Windows experience rating went up .1 percent for my processor from 7.4 to 7.5 from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

That's quite strange about your performance going down with Windows 8. In most cases, benchmarks and tests have shown Windows 8 to be faster with gaming, and the desktop experience should be basically the same as in Windows 7.

In other words, it shouldn't load slower or have lower performance. Could be the particular hardware you have doesn't have as good drivers or something. Anyway, weird.

I'm not sure why people fight so hard to get rid of every single Metro element. I hope they do this after trying to use it at least.

Start screen isn't really that bad, the usability problem lies more in Metro apps or charms on the desktop.

I'm not sure why people fight so hard to get rid of every single Metro element. I hope they do this after trying to use it at least.

Start screen isn't really that bad, the usability problem lies more in Metro apps or charms on the desktop.

And I'm not sure why you fight so hard for people to use every single Metro element..? Why does it matter to you?

People tend to pushback when there's an overwhelming feeling of something being forced upon them. As well, people tend to remove things they don't find useful, much like Uninstalling programs no longer needed or rarely used. I wouldn't take it personally.

Last edited:
Back