Had to buy Opty 170 for $365 at monarch 24hr sale

jalbs

n00b
I was going to get a x2 3800 but for this price the choice is clear. Now all I have to buy is NF4 UT expert and dual 6800 GS(after seeing how they outperform 7800gtx's in SLI)

yeah... esp since I just had to cancel my monarch order since they "oversold" the opty 170 and charged me for it but never shipped it. then they kept jerking me around via email saying it'll be available, but it still never shipped and all the while they kept my money... i ordered mine on nov 30 and still haven't got my money back since i cancelled the order...

http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/geforce-7800gtx-512/index.x?pg=3

At really high resolutions like 2048x1536x32 the 6800 gs SLI starts to drop off but it is very mcuh on par with the 7800gtx depending on the game. Another thing is the 6800's overclock very well so it would be interesting to see these OC'd and retested.

I hear with the DFI expert you can go 4 sticks at 1t so we will see what happens with 4x512 of my PC4000 PDP ram.

mattjw916 said:
yeah... esp since I just had to cancel my monarch order since they "oversold" the opty 170 and charged me for it but never shipped it. then they kept jerking me around via email saying it'll be available, but it still never shipped and all the while they kept my money... i ordered mine on nov 30 and still haven't got my money back since i cancelled the order...

This isn't uncommon with Monarch, although it appears they're trying to clean up their act. Until they address their "overselling", I'm sticking with NewEgg and other vendors who keep their in-stock status up to date and don't mislead customers.

Post your experience here http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2079.html

interesting, dual 6800GS' equal a single 7800GT (HL Lost Coast) and certainly cost more power and purchasing price wise. Givne they do kill Doom3, but then again they are barely any better in FEAR. I really don't know if that is such a wise investment.

Warning- the monarch 170's are out of stock so purchase at your own 30-180 day delay.

On another note I may look at getting a gtx instead but for some reason I like the idea of having 2 cards filling my PCI slots instead of one, but you are right in the long run probably not a good idea.

They do clock to 500/1.1 easily but even still for my purposes 1 7800gtx is probably best.

I was gonna say, GS's in SLI do not out perform GTX's in SLI. And I never read anywhere that they did.

DangerIsGo said:
So, wheres the review saying that dual 6800GS's out perform GTX's?

I think he meant that SLI 6800GS's can outperform a single 7800GTX. He posted the link too. It's from Tech Report.

Back