Had it working then....

jkmetal

Limp Gawd
Hey all.

So I picked up my ati theater pro 650. And a tv antenna. I had this thing working for a little bit, and now... nothing. I've downloaded the ati catalyst drivers 10.4 to reinstall, but nothing is installing into the ati technologies folder. I use windows media center and it can detect some stronger and weaker signals, but even when I go to the over the air channels that have "strong" signals, nothing. I can't find catalyst media center.... What happend?

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. My card is an ATI Theater Pro 650. Umm, help?

I'm confused you said that windows media center detects both strong and weak signals. In windows media center are you able to watch the channels it detects?

You don't need the catalyst drivers. Windows update has the drivers and work fine.

You absolutely don't want Catalyst Media Center, it's crap.

You need an amplified or powered antenna.

I don't think the antenna is your problem. There is some funkiness going on in your software. I have never setup a TV tuner with MC personally, but there are a lot of guys having similar problems on AVS forum. I can tell you that the last time I bought an ATI tuner, I swore I never would again!

I know you can get that tuner to work. The question is. Do you really want to bother? Have you looked at the HD-Home-run or any of the other brands of tuner? I am kinda partial to the USB tuners my self.

I don't bother installing the Catalyst drivers. I use the ones on windows update and have no problem. Try uninstalling the catalyst drivers and deleting them. Then update through windows. I'm on Win 7 64-bit and have no problems. Radio works well too.

2 tuners: 650 PCI and 650 PCIe combo.

Back