Had a MOSFET blow on my GTX 260

I would think that warranty would cover that, unless the fet was blown because of some volt mod or tampering, this would not fall under physical damage..

WOW...

Right. Obviously you've never done much business with them, they have excellent service.

idk where youve been, by gpu died after 1 week or so, and still hasnt got a shipping number for me to send it back

I'd be on the phone raising hell personally.

If you have a problem its definitely correct to contact the manufacturer, but to raise hell thats not cool. You don't just call up some manufacturer and start yelling at who ever answers the phone. Explain the situation calmy and they will help you. If you caused the problem then accept responsibility.

Yelling at some dude who answers the phone is exactly the opposite of what you want. If you're nice to the dude trust me he'll be way more willing to help you.

If you start yelling and stuff this is exactly as it goes "Hey Bill I got some douchebag customer on the phone he's asking to speak to a supervisor. God damnit mother fuck..ok. Put him through. Hi this is Bill...no no no no no; alright I'll get you moved over to Josh which will get you setup with a rma and a shipping label." You get the exact same shit it just took you longer to get it.

One other quick note: if you're a douchebag you might even get a note added on your account/registration. Then every time you call for whatever its like what's your ticket, account, etc.. number and it pops up and bam note right in the dudes face. "THIS GUY IS AN ASSHOLE."

Last edited:
My question is:

How would a MOSFET cause the heatsink to fall off?

For those that don't know what a MOSFET is, it's this:

mosfet1.jpg

but there is no brackets screwed to/through any mosfets, as far as I know, in the world. (other than the small holes at the top of each chip, occasionally there's a screw there)

Well in some cases that screw through the top would hold the mosfet to a heatsink to dissipate heat, however just one of these falling off should not knock the whole heatsink off, and it would have had to get pretty hott!!

Well in some cases that screw through the top would hold the mosfet to a heatsink to dissipate heat, however just one of these falling off should not knock the whole heatsink off, and it would have had to get pretty hott!!

Seriously? You bring a thread back to life jsut to prove to everyone you didn't read the damn thread?

Back