Had a CRT. Wife got me an LG E2350V LED.

lodingi

2[H]4U
I've been using a Mitsubishi DiamondTron 2060u as my display for the last 7 or 8 years. It has served me quite well and gaming was always a great experience.

My wife & daughters surprised me with an LG 2350V LED monitor for Xmas. I must say it's a very nice display. Gaming on this device is not as bad as I expected. Love the 16:9 ratio. Everything seems smooth and I haven't noticed any ghosting while gaming. Unfortunately, being locked to 60 fps while gaming is taking some getting used to.

I've been doing a bit of reading on these newer displays over the last 24 hours. I've been hearing lots of chatter about 120 mhz display units. It appears a 120 mhz display might be a better option coming from a CRT? Are there any decent 120 mhz displays available without breaking the bank? Thanks.

Merry Christmas!

ive never noticed any difference between refresh rates unless i set it to 60Hz...my old cheap 19" 16:9 monitor supports 75Hz refresh and at that point its perfectly fine

If you only want it for the 120hz, the LG W2363D is a good deal in the US (about $360 online), but it doesn't include the 3D glasses. It is non-glossy and generally got good very good reviews. The Asus 23" 120hz is a better deal if you want the 3D glasses right off the bat (they cost about $180 aftermarket) - it is a glossy screen.

You also have the XL2410T from BenQ. It has much more flexibility than the Asus. Its got 13cm in height adjustment and landscape to portrait monitor swivel mode. You also have 45 degree swivel of left or right. The XL2410T has better ergonomics in comparison to the Asus. The BenQ is LED backlit which minimizes eyestrain from prolonged use. BenQ also has picture-by-picture mode which allows you to use 2 video sources and have them next to each other on one screen which is a convenient feature. Of course the BenQ shares similar specs to the Asus in the sense it's NVIDIA 3D ready + 120hz + 2ms GTG response time + 23.6" display (1920x1080). While the Asus comes with DVI + HDMI, the BenQ comes with HDMI + DVI + D-Sub. Always nice to have more ports :)

Alienware AW2310 is also a great choice in the 120hz monitor category.

You also have the XL2410T from BenQ. It has much more flexibility than the Asus. Its got 13cm in height adjustment and landscape to portrait monitor swivel mode. You also have 45 degree swivel of left or right. The XL2410T has better ergonomics in comparison to the Asus. The BenQ is LED backlit which minimizes eyestrain from prolonged use. BenQ also has picture-by-picture mode which allows you to use 2 video sources and have them next to each other on one screen which is a convenient feature. Of course the BenQ shares similar specs to the Asus in the sense it's NVIDIA 3D ready + 120hz + 2ms GTG response time + 23.6" display (1920x1080). While the Asus comes with DVI + HDMI, the BenQ comes with HDMI + DVI + D-Sub. Always nice to have more ports :)

Alienware AW2310 is also a great choice in the 120hz monitor category.

Thanks for the info. I will check out all your suggestions.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back